Company: Lamb Weston
Location: Park Rapids, MN
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Food, Beverage
**If you are a current Lamb Weston employee, please click here and apply via the Career worklet.
Job Description SummaryInspects, sorts and removes defects from raw product or processed product. Trims whole potatoes with a trim knife in a French fry/specialty potato product production facility
- Employee must be responsible to work in a safe manner following safe work practices while in the plant or on company premises.
- Able to work a schedule of on 6 off 2 days on a rotating basis
- Frequently work overtime when needed, in early, hold overs and days off
- Lift and carry cases of product weighing between 10 and 36 pounds.
- Utilize ergonomic practices such as job rotation as necessary
- Remove foreign material and non-standard product from processing equipment
- Frequently holding a trim knife to trim defects from raw potatoes.
- Inspects raw and or processed products to ensure quality, when assigned to areas
- Report any malfunction of food processing equipment as quickly as possible to the Process Operator, Crew Chief or Team Leader
- Attend and comprehend all training programs and follow all company policies.
- Perform sanitation duties during periods of downtime and as assigned by Supervisor.
- Perform sanitation duties during clean up times and at times during line breaks, such as using a pressure hose, scrub brush and scraping
- Have the physical ability to wear a wet suit and can use cleaning chemicals in a safe manner
- Work in temperature and humidity extremes
- The ability to trim potatoes effectively for areas of defect as prescribed by the trim evaluation under time limits as set in the policy of trimming potatoes
- The ability to pick out defects at frozen inspection
- Lifting 10 pounds frequently as in lifting potatoes.
- Holding a pressure washer wand.
- Using a scraper to scrape buildup from machinery and or equipment.
- Lifting and carrying brooms, shovels and squeegees, doing bags inspection during poly runs, making sure box codes are appropriate.
- Climbing stairs and or ladders either to perform job duties or to access work areas.
- Lifting to 36 pounds occasionally as in shoveling product off the floor in the process part of the facility.
- Lifting to 36 pounds occasionally as in picking up bags or cases of product during rework or working in the packaging part of the facility.
- Continuous exposure to moving machinery and or parts while performing assigned job duties.
- Occasional exposure to areas of high traffic flow of forklifts
- Frequently exposed to heat and cold temperature extremes as well as wet and humid conditions, including wet, oily and slippery floors.
- Keep your work area clean
- Other duties as assigned
Apply on company website