Job Description SummaryOperate industrial waste treatment systems at the Lamb Weston food processing plant in a manner that consistently meets the permit limitations established in the Industrial Waste Agreement permit. Prevent processing downtime due to breakdowns within waste treatment operations. Operate cattle feed solids/slurry recovery, storage, and transportation systems.
- Full compliance with Industrial Waste Agreement permits requirements.
- Monitors control panels, adjusts valves/gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of waste waters.
- Observes variations in operating conditions, interprets meter and gauge readings, and uses test results/data to determine optimum operating requirements.
- Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of waste water through filtering, settling, aeration, and anaerobic digester processes.
- Maintains log of operations and records meter/gauge readings.
- Collects waste water and solids samples, manages samples for and/or conducts analytical tests.
- Work with senior operators to learn/assist/perform PM's, installation, replacement of treatment and feed recovery components and associated equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of waste treatment facility and equipment on a continuous basis and with professional workmanship.
- Maintain open channels of communicate with operations team to address potential upsets and avoid non-compliance situations.
- Maintain all required waste treatment monitoring records and daily logs in a legible, accurate, and professional manner.
- Act as replacement for ill, injured, or vacationing staff members during planned or unplanned circumstances.
- Perform all related department work tasks as required or requested.
- Perform all duties in a safe, responsible, and professional manner. Comply with all company policies and safety rules.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of experience operating waste water treatment plants (industrial or municipal), strong mechanical skills, ability to perform and/or learn analytical techniques, and currently possess or can obtain a State of Idaho Wastewater Certification for Operators Class Level 1 or 2.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear mechanical noises, and identify certain odors. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply on company website