Anesthesia Tech Apply
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
CompanyLancaster General Hospital
Cost Center7515 Anesthesia
Supervisory OrganizationAnesthesia Technicians
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
SummaryJob Title : Anesthesia Techncian
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working Varied hours Monday through Friday with occasional wekends, holidays and on call.
Responsible for serving as an active member of the Perioperative Team. The main responsibility of this job is to assist with all phases of the perioperative procedure to include but not limited to: basic operating /block room set-up and turnover, assist anesthesia providers, patient preparation and positioning, stocking of supplies, anesthetic blocks, setting up sterile trays for lines and any other job needed to be completed within Perioperative Services as directed by the Circulating Nurse, Charge Nurse, Coordinator, Anesthesia Technologist Facilitator or Anesthesia provider.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepare for hemodynamic monitoring and insertion of invasive hemodynamic monitors.
- Assist with Anesthesiologist with peripheral nerve blocks within any location of LGH
Assists the Anesthesiologist/CRNA during cases. Duties include:
- Performs daily anesthesia machine checks
- preparing peripheral IV's
- IV insertion to be under the direct supervision of the anesthesiologists or CRNA
- Assist with invasive lines
- drawing blood samples
- assisting with blood and fluid replacement
- preparing medications under the direct supervision of the anesthesiologist/CRNA
- Performs point of care testing and the QA's associated
- Prepares fluid warmers
- Set up rapid transfusion devices
- Assist with difficult airway management
- Support anesthesia in non O.R. locations (endo, IVU, EP & Cath lab, ER)
- Stocks anesthesia carts
- Checks anesthesia equipment
- Orders anesthesia supplies and maintains par levels and adjusts inventory as indicated
- Performs daily checks of anesthesia equipment and supplies in all Operating Rooms
- Decontaminates anesthesia TEE equipment
- Provides support to the Surgical Team: ( as a team member will perform without hesitation or direction the duties below to maintain the flow of surgery)
- OR room preparation: Correct surgical bed with linens; Retrieve equipment as required; Assist with Opening sterile supplies
- Patient Preparation intra-op: Assist with prep & patient positioning using proper body mechanics; Assist with placement of OR equipment; Assist scrub team with sterile supplies, (Tying the backs of the scrub gowns); Supply/equipment retrieval prior to and during procedures and post procedure
- Transport specimens as requested
- Assure bed/stretcher is ready for patient at end of surgery
- Lifting help from OR bed to stretcher
- Flat surface cleaning
- Change out used anesthesia circuit and suction tubing
- Mop floor
- Remove trash and deliver to appropriate place
- Remove equipment and return to appropriate storage
- Patient transport as required
- End of shift
- Re-stock OR's
- Return equipment/supplies to appropriate areas
- Report to the next shift status of OR's
- Routinely performs necessary housekeeping independently within assigned area of department.
- Other duties
- Observes and reports unusual situations, reactions, effects, or conditions to responsible person. Reports equipment that is out of order.
- Understands and follows universal protocol
- Understands the parameters of the sterile field and traffic flow for the Operating Room
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the Department Manager
- Transport patients from the Nursing Units to the Operating Room.
- Transports patients from the PACU to the Nursing Unit
- Trouble shoot the Operating Room electrical beds.
- With guidance from the surgical team connect electrical equipment to the outlets and assist with moving equipment up to the sterile field.
- Knowledgeable of how to take pieces of equipment out of service
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- One (1) year of patient care experience or one (1) year of perioperative services experience
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program
- One (1) year of Anesthesia related experience
- Graduate of Anesthesia Tech program
- Certified Anesthesia Tech
This position requires FBI and Child Abuse clearances #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.LGH Full Time Posted on 06/11/2021 Apply
Apply on company website