Dietitian -FT Bariatric Apply
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.Summary Job Description
Job Title: Dietitian Bariatrics
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0, 80 hours per two weeks working Monday through Friday 8:00am-4:30 pm with occasional evenings, no weekends or holidays
- ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides individual and group nutrition counseling for referred patients and provides education programs for business and community groups. Patient/customer care includes care to patients/customers in the following age groups: pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides individual and group nutrition counseling and education in nutrition principles. May provide sessions in outpatient (including in-home as necessary) and/or inpatient settings.
- Maintains effective nutrition education programs for specific populations served.
- Maintains nutritional records and communicates pertinent information with appropriate healthcare professional(s).
- Participates in continuing educational activities to maintain current skills and information and as per license requirements.
- Participates in marketing of services.
- Provides nutritional updates and educates staff in nutritional education trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nutrition or related field from an accredited school.
- Current licensure in the state of Pennsylvania as a dietitian-nutritionist.
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian, issued by the American Dietetic Association, or registration eligible/obtaining certification within 3 months from date of hire.
- Two (2) years of nutrition education.
- One (1) year of diabetes education knowledge and counseling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with patients and other members of health care team.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of clinical nutrition education, knowledge, and counseling skills.
- One (1) year education background in teaching/learning with excellent interpersonal skills.
- One (1) year of maternal/newborn nutritional education
- Previously experience working with lower income populations.
- Two (2) years of clinical nutrition education.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
This position requires a License or certification
THis position requires FBI and Child Abuse Clearances #LI-MD1Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.Full Time Posted on 07/31/2021 Apply
Apply on company website