Litigation Specialist Apply
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.Summary Job Description
HOURS: Full Time; 8:30am - 5:00 pm M-F; no weekends/holidays or on call. The primary location is at Lancaster General Hospital but services all entities of Lancaster General Health.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide day-to-day oversight for all legal liability claims assigned to the Risk Management Department, including medical malpractice and general liability claims. Works directly with litigation counsel to lead discovery, investigate, ensure timely responses to attorney requests, and meet case deadlines. This person will ensure compliance with applicable Pennsylvania State law (and other authorities).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Oversees assigned litigation.
- Serves, in collaboration with Risk Managers, internal and external counsel, as a litigation expert for all employed physicians, and Advanced Practice Providers (APPS) and staff and will work and interact closely with leadership in managing liability claims.
- Reports to the Vice President of Risk Management and Corporate Compliance on matters related to claims, such as for strategic direction, or to inform of material changes.
- Attends depositions and trials as necessary.
- Regularly interfaces with outside defense legal counsel. Ensures internal standards are met by Counsel, such as biannual lawsuit reports, change in status, trial dates etc.
- Ensures that staff records, collects, documents, maintains, and provides counsel with any requested information and documents necessary to prepare testimony in pending litigation.
- Leads the development of written investigational summaries including medical record summaries, letters to defense counsel; interview summaries and updates.
- Oversees the preparation of materials to be distributed to the Captive Claims Committee.
- Ensures updates and maintenance of all lawsuit files, and prepares department for external audits.
- Responsible for ensuring notification of all appropriate parties of new lawsuits, or significant changes in claims including Franklin Risk Retention Group, and all reinsurers.
- Ensures notification of the MCare Fund and appropriate State authorities when lawsuits are served.
- Facilitates completion of discovery requests related to lawsuits, and works in conjunction with Risk Managers and Insurance Coordinator as needed to obtain information in support of discovery.
- Responsible for tracking and trending claims data.
- Responsible for the flow of funds in the event of verdicts or claims settlements. Coordinates all efforts between the LGIC Inc. manager, the fronting company, Franklin, and LGH to ensure timely payment of claims.
- The person in this role must also maintain a deep understanding of potentially compensable events facing the organization, and keep stakeholders informed.
- Facilitates reporting to the National Practitioner Databank as applicable.
- Maintains professional growth and development through educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Maintains Clinician Support Program for providers who have been sued.
- Primary system administrator for Claims Management software
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates degree in a related field.
- One of the following:
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated special interest in designing positive customer relationships throughout the difficult and challenging experience a lawsuit presents (able to support and guide customers through a difficult period that is a lawsuit).
- Advanced level of understanding of Microsoft Office software including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Experience in healthcare and/or personal injury strongly preferred.
- Insurance industry experience highly recommended
- Experience with legal nurse consulting with administrative work experience
- Experience reviewing EPIC electronic medical records.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.LGH Full Time Posted on 11/29/2021 Apply
Apply on company website