Supervisor Patient Service Apply
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.Summary 1.0 FTE Replacement Job Description
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) 4 days a week between the hours of 4:30am-3:00pm & every other weekend & every other holiday
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervises the assembly of patient trays, their distribution and collection, and their disassembly. Assures quality, sanitation and safety standards are maintained. Enforces policies and procedures. Performs administrative and clerical duties. Assists in the assembly of meals for Meals-On-Wheels Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Supervise the daily functions of the patient food services.
- Supervise Patient Care Hosts/Food Service employees on a daily basis including, evaluating, performance, ensuring core competencies, disciplining, training, etc.
- Conduct on a monthly basis 100% of the patient satisfaction surveys, test trays, hostess therapeutics, HS snack checks, pager checks, PCH side work checks, and pantry checks.
- Supervise the operation of tray line ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations, etc.
- Manage kitchen function; overseeing cooks, patient care host/hostess, cashiers, utility, etc in the absence of senior management.
- Actively help in preparing staff, facility, and equipment for surveys (State Department of Health, JCAHO, etc).
- Respond to patient/customer complaints and follow up with event reports.
- Ensure adequate supplies for the department such as tube feedings and dietary supplements.
- Retrieve diet orders for all meals and snacks and sort them by each individual unit.
- Enter the meal charges daily for guest meals and outpatient trays.
- Manage the time and attendance process for all PCH and supervisor and checking for accuracy at the end of each pay period.
- Supervise the opening and closing of the kitchen on a daily basis.
- Prepares work schedule, making adjustments as needed.
- Provides orientation and training for personnel and work area meetings.
- ·Supervises assigned personnel in the performance of their duties. Assures standards are maintained and policies and procedures followed.
- Checks food temperatures and equipment prior to and during tray assembly to make sure food is maintained at safe and desirable temperatures.
- ·Maintains established tray assembly time schedule and checks trays to assure standards of appearance and accuracy are maintained.
- ·Participates in the assembly of meals for the Meals-On-Wheels Program and maintains records of clients and meals provided.
- Inspects the department at the end of work shift and documents information on Daily Supervisor Report.
- Performs clerical duties associated with the maintenance of diet records.
- Visits patients to obtain information and comments as to quality of service being provided.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years experience in patient food service
- One (1) year of supervisory/scheduling experience
- Two (2) years of sanitation experience
- One (1) year of experience in nutrition
- One (1) year of customer relations experience
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.LGH Full Time Posted on 09/13/2021 Apply
Apply on company website