Responsible for assisting in the supervision, labor and cost controls of the Housekeeping Department. Maintains clean guest and public areas at all times. Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous, professional manner; following LBA standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and proceduresPre Requisites
Supervisors and associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associate must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy. Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing, housekeeping, hospitals, care facilities, supervision of staff, ability to do basic math is preferred.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential function of the Housekeeping Manager is to assist in monitoring the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas as well as satisfying guests in terms of friendliness and service of the Housekeeping staff. Ensure Guest rooms and all public areas of the hotel are clean and operating correctly while working within the labor and budgetary guidelines set forth by LBA, enforced and communicated by the General Manager.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
· Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
· Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, crawl, and kneel.
· Must be able to see and hear.
· Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
· Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.Required Knowledge, Skills and AbilitIes
· Inspection of rooms and cleanliness standards as well as minutes per room as defined by the brand standard.
· Assist in supervising and managing staff techniques.
· Thorough knowledge of materials, supplies and equipment used in the housekeeping department.
· Entire property, staff, services, hours of operations, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
· Safety and security measures. Report or correct any hazardous conditions observed immediately.
· Follow and manage using LBA procedures and policies.
· Must be organized to maintain logs, bibles, checklist, and inventories as scheduled.
· Basic computer skills/experience: pull reports break out house, check house inventory.
· Will be asked to develop management skills: will assist with interviewing, training, coaching, motivating, counseling, discipline and termination process. Final decisions in all of these areas will be made by the General Manager.
· Payroll: assist ability to input payroll and maintain weekly reports.
· Maintain guest privacy.
· Comply with all standards.
· Be able to multi task, remain service centric.
· Effectively communicate with guests and co-workers via various methods.
· Assist guest with issues; being professional and maintaining hospitable caring attitude.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and other department managers.
· Must be able to learn/use computer systems necessary to perform daily tasks to include: Quore, Hotel Effectiveness.Specific Responsibilities
1. Assist in coordinating the activities of the Housekeeping Team. This is accomplished through daily shift meetings and monthly department meetings. Maintain agendas and sign in sheets for these meetings.
2. Inspect all areas of the hotel (rooms, public space, back of the house, grounds, etc.) to ensure sanitation, brand standards and all health and safety requirements are met.
3. Supplies: Maintain the necessary items to effectively operate the housekeeping and laundry departments. This includes but not limited to guest loaned items (roll away beds, cribs, microwaves, refrigerators, etc.).
4. May assist with monthly inventories, proper ordering, receiving and maintaining supplies. Assist with logging and processing invoices for payment. This will include coding, filing and inputting with oversight and final approval by the General Manager.
5. Equipment: Ensure all items are in proper working order (vacuums, laundry equipment, carts, etc.).
6. Safety and Security: Key control is required for guests and associates. Keys are to be accounted for and secured on a constant basis.
7. Training: Many tools are available for training. These include new hire orientation, ongoing training and brand and vendor training. It is the Housekeeping Manager's responsibility to present these resources to all staff for continuous education.
8. Labor: Assist with scheduling and working within the designated labor model.
9. Guest: Privacy is an utmost concern.
10. Coordinate with the Maintenance Department to ensure maintenance requests are initiated in a timely basis and the property is maintained in a like-new condition.
11. Maintain a crisp, clean and professional appearance daily adhering to grooming and uniform standards.
12. Other duties as assigned, of which the associate is capable of performing.Working Conditions/Special Requirements
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, available to work holidays and weekends as necessary in a 24/7 operation.POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
The next step for this position is the Executive Housekeeper position. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion. This will allow the General Manager to delegate important duties regarding hiring, interviewing, discipline, performance review, inventories, etc. Property size and condition will also be factored into determining need for the higher-level position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website