Assists the direct sales effort of a hotel by collaborating with the Director of Sales to proactively target those segments/accounts that the Director of Sales is not pursuing. In addition, responds to sales inquiries and walk-ins by qualifying and booking business appropriate for the hotel.
Develops and executes quarterly sales actions plans, maintain positive interdepartmental relations and completes special projects as assigned by the General Manager and/or Director of Sales.
Success is determined through achievement of the hotel's revenue goals and improvement, where possible, in market share performance as compared to that of the hotel's defined competitors.
- College Degree (BS/BA) preferred or equivalent work experience
- Previous direct selling experience.
- Experience selling in a Marriott or Hilton Focus Service Hotel is a plus.
- Professionalism must be displayed at all times.
- Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security clearances.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, experience working with customer relationship management software (SalesPro, ACT, Salesforce) is preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds, push and pull 50 pounds, sit or stand for long periods of time and must be able to drive.
- Sees a vision and is not deterred from achieving it.
- Committed to the company and the achievement of its goals.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal.
- Has the aptitude to effectively influence others.
- Financial analysis skills. Has the aptitude to assess potential business opportunities and whether or not they contribute to the success of the business.
- The ability to inspire confidence in and gain respect from superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Displays a “can do” attitude.
- Enjoys interacting with customers.
- Project management skills (i.e., organizing, multitasking).
- Creative skills.
- Willing to perform other assigned duties that the individual is capable of carrying out.
- Practices safety standards at all times and is alert to hazardous conditions. Reports any hazardous conditions immediately to the hotel General Manager or appropriate staff member.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the LBA Hospitality Associate Handbook. Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Based on the hotel's selling strategy, books appropriate business from assigned segments that allows hotel to achieve/exceed monthly room revenue budget, and, if applicable, other revenue budgets specific to assigned hotel.
- Approaches the position with a relationship building/proactive selling mindset. Ensures that weekly telephone prospecting/qualification/solicitation calls goals are met or exceeded. Participates in outside sales calls as directed.
- Utilizes available business tools to prospect for new business (i.e., Brand database reports, Hoover's, local newspapers and business journals).
- Remain in active status in a minimum of three outside organizations including but not limited to : Local Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Sports Commission, university affiliations etc.
- Performs the necessary pre-call planning and post-call follow-up for client outside sales calls.
- Works with the GM and/or DOS to evaluate potential business opportunities for assigned hotel.
- Over time becomes thoroughly knowledgeable with regard to their client base and builds strong business relationships.
- Looks for opportunities to grow revenue for LBA Hospitality by cross-selling other LBA hotels.
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of the hotel's competitive set, and, as warranted, takes proactive steps to “neutralize” their efforts.
- Becomes an “expert” when it comes to selling against the hotel's competitive set.
- Adds to the camaraderie of the hotel by helping to celebrate the successes of coworkers.
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative processes that are in place from the LBA Corporate Office.
- Ensures that all reports, internal requests for information and special projects are submitted on or before their due dates.
- Strives to continually improve his/her general business and industry/job specific skills by attending Brand and LBA Corporate-sponsored sales training, and, if appropriate, outside continuing education.
- Typical week consists of 80% outside and 20% inside sales activities.
- Occasional overnight travel for training, to assist with a sales blitz in another LBA city, etc.
- Director of Sales (Single or Dual Property)
- Area Director of Sales
- Regional Director of Sales
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
Apply on company website