Starbucks Shift Supervisor
Starbucks Store Manager
The Shift Supervisor assists the Store Manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. As a team lead, deploys partners and delegates tasks to create the Starbucks Experience by providing legendary customer service with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Also assists the Store Manager with training and coaching team members and managing safety and security within the store.
The Company associates have access to company property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy. Additional pre requisites include:
- One-year experience supervising (at least) three associates.
- Ability to work well under pressure and direct the work of others.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with limited direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Knowledge of the retail environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent of same.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
- Must be able to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Standards of operation as required by The Company and the brand.
- Understands store financials, identifies trends and shares ideas to improve results.
- Supervisory skills: interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, documenting, motivating.
- Dining room set up for varied accommodations.
- Menu items: preparation and service
- Area shopping, dining entertainment and travel directions to assist guest inquiries.
- Daily hotel operations check daily events, bulletin boards and be up to date on changes, new procedures and events.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Orientate and train associates through Starbucks training guidelines.
- Coach and counsel associates for both positive and negative feedback.
- Computer literate to thoroughly operate property management system: post charges, compute bills, collect payment and make change.
- Maintain organization of supplies, storage rooms, refrigerators and freezers.
- Maintain work area in a guest ready mode.
- Possess strong planning skills.
- Multi task, remain associate and customer service centric.
- Effectively communicate with customers and associates (Starbucks and Hotel).
- Solve customer issues with professionalism maintain hospitable attitude.
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manage smooth transitions thereafter to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the Team. To display a customer-comes-first attitude by training and holding associates accountable for delivering quality customer service.
- To manage with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and LBA.
- Market and promote to increase exposure and sales.
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Starbucks and LBA.
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by assisting the Store Manager in: hiring, training, coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified individuals.
- Promote positive morale and aggressively friendly attitudes.
- Complete admistrative duties in a timely manner: schedules, payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Execute store operations during scheduled shifts; organize opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Communicate information to Store Manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues to ensure the highest quality products and service is provided.
- Develop positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns; provide clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching to team to ensure operational excellence and improve performance.
- Follows all Starbucks and LBA operational policies and procedures related to cash handling: all cash management and cash register policies and ensure proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook, implement all the rules, policies and procedures established by the company; including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vendor training program.
- Maintain safety and security practices, have thorough knowledge of emergency procedures. Follow all health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Be flexible in regard to work schedule. Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
Before the next promotion, this person should train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as a Store Manager and/or Hotel Food and Beverage Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
I have read the job description, including the physical requirements of the position, and by signing below attest that I can perform this job in its entirety without accommodation.
Apply on company website