The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
Assist in the instruction and implementation of a program designed to meet the needs of SPED students to enable them to participate successfully in the mainstream of school educational programs. Senior Instructional Assistant will provide training and support to other instructional assistants to improve knowledge and skills to work with students with disabilities. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide support for new and experienced instructional assistants through coaching, training and mentoring.
- Facilitate training and coaching in various strategies, differentiation, classroom management, effective instruction, assessment of and for learning strategies, and data-driven instruction.
- Co-teach and model instruction.
- Consults with multiple behavior programs.
- Ability to follow directions from multiple teachers and follow an assigned schedule.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board policy.
- Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Work with individual students or small groups to conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Assist with the administration and scoring of objective testing instruments.
- Assist in supervising students throughout the school day both inside and outside the building.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist in inventory, care and maintenance of equipment.
- May be required to perform or assist in the diaper-changing routine daily and aid in toilet-training and other self-help skills.
- May be required to rotate among classrooms with students of various needs.
- Assist the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Participate in in-service training programs, faculty meetings, and special events, as needed.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Supervise classroom when teacher is attending scheduled meetings.
- Supervise students getting on and off the bus.
- Supervise students in cafeteria.
- Assist with social strategies implementation as needed for individual students.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as Instructional Assistant preferred.
- At least 48 semester (or equivalent trimester hours) of college course work, or an Associate degree or higher, or a Highly Qualified Certificate issued by ACC, Region 13, or an equivalent institution.
- TEA issued Level III Educational Aide Certificate – obtainable after hire ($32 fee requirement).
- Knowledge of effective staff development practices and continuous improvement and effective instructional strategies and research-based best practices.
- Skill in collaboration skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage multiple priorities and projects and work well with children, students, staff and parents.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Potential exposure to bodily fluids and communicable diseases.
- Frequent heavy lifting of students.
- May be required to lift 50-80 pounds unassisted.
- May be required to lift 81-200 pounds assisted.
- May be required to pass a SAMA or other crisis prevention training class.
- May be required to assist in crisis intervention.
- May be required to restrain a student.
Apply on company website