Chef de Partie - Line Cook FULL TIME
Full Time Employees enjoy the following benefits:
-Medical, Dental, & Vision
-FREE admission for active MCs at all times and a Merlin Magic Pass to share with friends and family so they can visit for free.
-30% off Food & Beverage
-30% off Retail
-50% off Retail days (twice per year)
-401k with Company Match (length of service and minimum age requirements apply)
-Hotel Room discounts
-Vacation & Holidays - full time MCs may receive both holiday pay on designated holidays as well as 1 or 2 floating holidays
-Family Park Hopper Pass
-Discount Annual Passes
Prepares, cooks and plates both hot and cold food. Assists with the set up and clear down of all back of the house operations. Following all opening and closing procedures and all LEGOLAND California Resort and Hotel safety, sanitation and cleanliness standards and policies.
Scope and Responsibilities:
1. Guest Services:
- Works closely with the service team to provide an exceptional food service experience to our guests at all times.
- Demonstrates an interest in provided and promoting a child friendly environment.
- Should be guest focused and able to answer queries on the menus of the Hotel and Park services as required.
- Ensure food quality/production standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained
- at all times.
- Ensure a high standard of food production and presentation at all times
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all locations at all times
- Ensure all cleaning materials and equipment within the department are used in conjunction with manufacturers specifications and as laid down in the SOP manual.
- Report and assist in the management of any equipment failure to the Sous Chef or Head Chef
3. Food Production:
- Prepares and stocks any mise en place for the upcoming shift.
- During service, is responsible for operation a station within the kitchen, producing parts or whole of both hot and cold meals.
- Possess a good working knowledge of the entire menu offer
- Works closely with other team members to ensure that all food is prepared, ready for services in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all food served is prepared and plated in compliance with all quality standards and as per the recipe.
- At the end of shift or service, assists in the clean down of all kitchen and back of house operation and equipment.
- Ensures that all products are stored and rotated in adherence to FIO and any safety standards.
4. Sanitation and Cleanliness:
- Must follow and implement all the LEGOLAND California Resort and Hotels policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation and cleanliness standards.
5. Food Safety:
- Knowledgeable on all LEGOLAND food safety and HACCP procedures.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining any relevant procedures and records.
6. Wardrobe and Grooming:
- Follow and adhere to all policies and procedures as set by LEGOLAND Resort and Hotel.
Background and Experience:
Requires 1-2 years of progressive experience in F&B production, preferably in a theme park, resort, or multi unit operation. Must be able to remain calm and maintain a positive image within a busy kitchen environment at all times. Should share a passion for cooking and delivering quality food in a quest service environment. Strong communication, organizational, verbal and written communication skills are required. Must work effectively in a fast-paced customer-focused environment within a Matrix Organization. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including and delivering quality food in a guest service environment.
Lifting light to moderate loads (10 to 50 lbs.) frequently; both hands will be required to lift and move loads with uneven weight distribution. Reaching and lifting above shoulder levels will be necessary. Ability to sit for sustained periods of time, to attend meetings both on and off site, perform paperwork activities, travel and drive. Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the site and interact with employees. Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork and to use a computer. Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, complete paperwork activities and to drive. Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support the hotel operation.
- Must be service orientated with a natural child affinity.
- Must be able to pass a Food Safety Manager's Test.
- Requires lifting, bending, and repetitious movements.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site, and interact with employees.
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
Apply on company website