Food & Beverage Area Manager
Are you a Food & Beverage Manager looking to showcase your creativity and “foodie” knowledge?! Look no further! LEGOLAND California Resort is seeking a Food & Beverage Manager who is passionate about staying on top of current food trends and creating new ideas that cultivate savory food our guests at the resort! We are more than just “theme park food.” Join our team now and share your ideas to take our food & beverage to the next level.
Position Summary: Responsible for operational oversight of assigned cluster/area on the LEGOLAND California park grounds including; planning, budgeting, staffing, overseeing Assistant Supervisors and staff responsible for food and beverage preparation/handling/service, guest service, cash management, scheduling personnel, and operations.
Scope and Responsibilities:
1. Operational Planning and Budgeting: Develops operational plans, budgets, cost and
revenue projections, pricing, staffing requirements, and schedules for a 365-day a year food service and beverage operation. Utilizes knowledge of restaurant operations to develop service, sales, promotional, menus, and banquet offering objectives. Participates in the layout and configuration of furnishings, equipment and seating for the restaurant. Writes policies, procedures and develops training programs for food and beverage service, customer/guest service, restaurant opening and closing, health and safety, and cash management. Develops loss prevention procedures to minimize waste.
2 . Operations: Oversees Assistant Supervisors and staff to effectively operate and manage the area and achieve objectives. Has responsibility for P/L, operational effectiveness, leadership, staffing, personnel decisions, training and supervision of all restaurant staff. Plays active role in guest services and customer satisfaction. Ensures established standards, policies and procedures are met.
3. Food Service Team Membership: Serves as an active and contributing member of the food service management team. Provides leadership and expertise in restaurant and food service operations, processes and procedures. Exhibits both the ability to work as a team member as well as the ability to work independently and execute projects within job scope. Exhibits patience, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively in a comprehensive start-up food service operation. Ability to adapt own style and adopt the fresh food approach and methods.
4. Human Resources: Implements and enforces all company and divisional policies and procedures. Gives input and administers progressive exemplary and disciplinary action for performance and policy regulations. Develops and administers yearly personal development plans for his/her staff. The Area Manager is responsible for inputting and submitting corrective actions within HRIS system and maintaining employee documentation. Knowledgeable on corrective action process and employee relations basics.
5. Financial Operations: Responsible for maximizing revenue and per capita spending goals within the assigned cluster. Monitors cost controls in the areas of labor, food costs, other direct expenses, and safety liability, keeping within budget. Provides input for annual budget on a yearly basis. Requests purchases for smallwares and other direct expense purchases.
6. Safety and Sanitation: Ensures that all Supervisors/Assistant Supervisors, Unit Leads, Team Leads and Model Citizens are trained and execute proper safety and sanitation requirements at all times. Oversees that all staff are knowledgeable and follow required company, division, OSHA, Environmental Health Department, and HACCP guidelines.
7. Maintenance and Physical Plant: Responsible for the initiating and follow-up of all maintenance and sanitation issues to ensure all facilities are maintained in and excellent and presentable working condition.
8. Divisional and Park Support: May be scheduled as MOD (or Foods 5-0 and Park 1-0) on a rotational basis to ensure optimum divisional performance for the guests. Also acts as a contact for concerns regarding guests, operations, food supplies, and maintenance issues, as well as a divisional contact for the park in operational concerns and emergency situations.
9. Projects: Per the direction of the Head of Food and Beverage and/or the Food and Beverage Director; facilitates and executes projects and new openings. Plays an active role in said projects, from restaurant and menu design, to developing operational plans, budgets, cost and revenue projections, pricing and staffing requirements.Background and Experience:
· Requires at least 10 years of progressive experience in food service, preferably in a theme park, resort, or high quality restaurant.
· A minimum of five additional years of demonstrated restaurant management experience with P/L responsibility is required.
· Experience as a regional food and beverage manager with responsibility for operational oversight, standards and performance is preferred.
· This position requires a demonstrated track record of success in food production and operation of a high quality restaurant or food chain.
· Knowledge of computer systems, including point-of-sale and related inventory management systems, is required.
· Requires an in-depth knowledge of budgeting and scheduling, operations, and cash management.
· Ability to critically evaluate food, beverage and supply purchasing decisions, including cost, quantity and quality, availability, and to negotiate favorable terms and conditions.
· Effective leadership, staff development, organizational, verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills are also required
· A bachelors degree (or equivalent education and experience) in business, management, or closely related field is preferred.
Ability to sit for sustained periods of time to attend on-site and off-site meetings, perform paperwork activities, travel and drive.
Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park site, and interact with employees.
Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level of buildings.
Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
Visual acuity must be sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities and to drive.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Requires lifting of light to moderate loads (10 to 40 lbs.) frequently.
· Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support park operations.
· Must be service oriented and possess good interpersonal skills.
· Requires a valid driver's license and passport. Requires travel domestically and internationally.
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
Apply on company website