Head of Entertainment & Events
Scope of Job:
Oversees all park events from concept to execution. Develops new entertainment programs for the resort. Coordinates with city officials for permitting, event planning and communication. Assists with casting and recruitment of all positions for the department. Maintains proper management of Education, Entertainment, Events & Global Costume Development departments. Controls annual operating expenses for all departments. Accountable for leadership and development of all department managers and supervisors. Maintains strong relationships with all park departments. Provides support and leadership for all operational departments. Ensures overall guest and MC satisfaction.
- Manages and recruits all management and supervisory positions for Entertainment, Events and Education.
- Oversees global costume and development department.
- Accounts for all live music costs and reporting.
- Creates, organizes and delivers all park events on time and on budget.
- Ensures that all park events are delivered flawlessly, with clear and concise communication in advance of events.
- Proposes new and compelling events that will drive attendance and revenue.
- Works directly with City of Carlsbad for permitting of all events.
- Sources and contracts specialty talent as needed.
- Creates and develops new in house live entertainment programming.
- Maintains knowledge of California State Standards and current instructional learning methods to meet or exceed teacher and education group expectations.
- Oversees and manages labor and equipment budget for events, entertainment, education and costume and development departments.
- Participates in departmental and park duty program.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to develop and maintain good internal and external relations with a diverse group of individuals, including both children and adults.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, work well under pressure, juggle multiple priorities, exercise good judgment and meet deadlines with professionalism.
- Other duties as required.
1. Operations- Responsible for all park events, educational department, usher/theatre support staff as well as creative content for all live entertainment.
2. Marketing- Works directly along side the sales and marketing team to ensure delivery of all events, entertainment and classes.
3. Financial- Develops yearly department budget and ensures that team meets all established targets.
4. Development- Oversees ongoing development of entire team with a particular focus on the managers and supervisors reporting directly to the position.
5. People- Lead and evaluate management & supervisory staff.
Health & Safety-
Managers/supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees in their teams are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Background & Experience:
- A minimum of five years of theme park or related customer service experience is required.
- A minimum of five years of management experience is required. Previous experience with events and live entertainment programming and management is required.
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks.
- Self motivated and demonstrated initiative.
- Demonstrated history of supporting colleagues and staff.
- Strong problem solving skills and experience in budget preparation and control (operating expenses and labor) is required.
- Effective leadership, staff development, organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Requires a commitment to excellence in customer service. Strong guest service, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail, Power Point) are required
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
Apply on company website