Health & Safety Compliance Supervisor
Scope of Position:
Under the direction of the Health & Safety Manager:
- Participates in developing, implementing and administering a comprehensive safety management program for LEGOLAND California Resort.
- Conducts field audits, investigations and job hazard analysis.
- Develops materials and conducts safety training programs and meetings.
- Assist with the design, development, implementation and assessment of the health and safety programs across LLCR.
- Facilitates compliance with internal/Cal/Federal OSHA policies and guidance documents for all departments.
- Reviews all record keeping programs to ensure compliance with local and company requirements.
- Regularly provides reporting to all divisions of Maintenance, operating. departments LLCR Sea Life Aquarium and LLCR Hotels showing trends in effective training and identifies areas for improvements and changes as needed to management.
- Other duties as assigned by safety management.
1. Develops and implements the Resort wide Health and Safety programs/policies to set the standards for existing activities and any new operations within LLCR.
2. Supervises the tracking of compliance based training, for both Merlin and OSHA regulations.
3. Responsible for the creation and development of standardized training materials that will be used to deliver consistent, thorough and compliant training.
4. Delivers train the trainer training to Resort departments, creating the training template to ensure trainees are comprehensively trained.
5. Provides training resources and competencies to support the training requirements as established by the resort safety department and/or regulatory standards.
6. Evaluates and reviews the effectiveness of provided training material and the delivery of training by the designated trainers. Identifies the areas of improvement needed to ensure trainees are receiving the required instruction.
7. Assists with audit program to uphold existing standards and programs across the resort.
8. Acts as the Safety POC for assigned departments.
9. Works with all departments onsite on an ongoing basis to ensure that safety policies, procedures, and manuals are updated and accurate.
10. Reviews risk assessments and safety audits for assigned departments on an ongoing basis while driving action items to ensure safety and compliance.
11. Assists H&S Manager with reducing guest and employee AFR by identifying hazards and providing risk reduction solutions to affected departments.
12. Works with assigned departments on customized safety program to include assisting with safety walks, injury trends, drills and any other safety related requests.
13. Assists HSS Department with Health and Safety audit items, follow and completion to be in compliance with accordance to Merlin Standards.
· Assists H&S Manager with incident investigations
· Assists HSS department with Health & Safety wellness program initiatives.
· Assists H&S Manager with investigation, initial communication for guest claims and documentation of general liability claims.
· Assists the H&S Manager with conducting SLT walks for the resort.
· Assists the H&S Manager with Safety Champion meetings/content.
· Assists the H&S manager with follow up of near misses
· Other duties as assigned by the H&S Manager
Background and Experience:
· 1-3 years' experience in Health & Safety position.
· Working knowledge of relevant occupational H&S standards and regulations.
· Experience with H&S management systems and auditing.
· Experience in delivering H&S training
· Proven written and oral communication skills with the ability to articulate H&S processes to a range of people so as to influence others.
· Able to handle multiple projects and quick to adapt and take on new initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in related field is required.
- OSHA 30 hour training preferred.
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time to attend on-site and off-site meetings, perform paperwork activities, travel and drive.
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the resort site, and interact with employees and third parties.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
- Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities, and to drive.
- Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
Other Job Requirements:
- Must be assertive and be able to build strong working relationships.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends to support resort operations.
- Must have a valid driver's license, safe driving record and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional mature manner at all times.
- Must be self-motivated and work well without constant supervision.
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
Apply on company website