Hotel Food & Beverage Supervisor
Supports and assists the Restaurant Manager in the daily operation of the restaurant and/or bar, including standing in for them whenever necessary. This position is responsible for providing the best possible experience for the guest, cleanliness standards, as well as cash handling and financial controls. Participates in on the job training and counseling of MC's ensuring that they consistently achieve the high standards demanded by LEGOLAND Hotel. Ensures that all sanitation and safety procedures are implemented and maintained.
• Monitor and ensure all aspects of guest service in the restaurants. Provide ongoing service training to staff and coaching as needed.
• Help develop and lead revenue generating initiatives and programs in conjunction with the manager.
• Ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation requirements.
• Develop and lead a positive, professional and strong team, with a focus on guest satisfaction, quality of food and delivery and development of a high level of skills; act as a role model in leading this through the Merlin values.
1. Restaurant Operations: Oversees and coordinates the operational effectiveness of all assigned locations. Implements and enhances high level of service, quality, and sanitation standards within the facility. Ensures that all guests are served in an efficient and friendly manner with children as a primary focus. Must understand and meet all guest expectations and have the ability to communicate positively to all guests and MCs. Communicates daily operational and financial objectives to team members on a daily basis.
2. Training and Development: Responsible for motivating, training, cross-training and developing the Team Leaders and Model Citizens. Provides positive and corrective feedback to all team members to improve performance output with the assistance of the Manager. Must have working knowledge of LEGOLAND California food safety, HACCP, cash handling, guest service and general safety polices and procedures and share this knowledge with others daily.
3. Management and Financial Support: May assist in the weekly scheduling of all Front of House Staff. Monitors labor hours on a shift to shift basis and ensures that payroll reports are accurate. May assist with the daily ordering and receipt of food and supplies. Enters delivery invoices into system on a daily basis. Monitors handling of cash and inventory control, referring any issues for investigation to Supervisor or Duty Manager. Responsible for comparing actual and budgeted figures on a daily basis and acting upon them. Controls ordering, waste and usage of all goods.
Loss Prevention: Acts as a key contact and training leader in all areas of loss prevention and waste, in accordance with Merlin and LEGOLAND policies.
4. Human Resources: Implements and enforces all company and divisional policies and procedures. Gives assistance to the Manager in the implementation of progressive exemplary and disciplinary action in line with performance and policy regulations. Must be familiar with all HR documents regarding hiring, interviewing, coaching, counseling, internal transferring, promoting, performance evaluating and employee benefits.
5. Safety and Sanitation: Ensures that all team leaders and Model Citizens are trained and execute proper safety and sanitation requirements at all times. Oversees that all staff is knowledgeable and follows required company, division, OSHA, Environmental Health Department, and HACCP guidelines. Must have ability to recognize and report any possible safety hazards to the Manager or safety representative.
· Requires at least 2 years of practical food service leadership experience, preferably in a hotel/ resort environment.
·Full service experience needed, and bar experience a plus.
· Must be customer service focused and have an understanding of customer expectations.
· Knowledgeable in food and culinary design is desired.
· Must possess strong communication skills, both in verbal and written format.
· Effective organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to make quick decisions is required. Ability to work as part of a team and to develop others within the team structure is required.
· A high school diploma or general education degree (or equivalent education and experience) is required. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings and weekends to support the Hotel operations.
· Must have a valid driver's license, safe driving record and be willing to use own vehicle for business purposes.
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
Apply on company website