LEGOLAND California Resort Hotel Revenue Manager
Responsible for overall revenue management of LEGOLAND California Resort Accommodations, maximizing occupancy, room nights and revenue to meet Resort targets.
Ideal candidate is a driven, detail-oriented, out-of-the-box thinker looking to understand “the why" behind trends/patterns. Will take a proactive role in problem-solving, and is able to work in a collaborative team environment.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage accommodations room inventory, market mix and pricing strategies to exceed occupancy, ADR and revenue targets
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, analyze competitor pricing, research dynamics and trends of the local market, investigate demand generators, develop forecasts, and study historical data to ensure adequate market knowledge
- Work closely with key stakeholders to set the accommodations strategy, and identify tactics to support the Resort's financial goals
- Work with wider LEGOLAND California Resort Marketing team to generate demand during need periods, and leverage awareness and sales driving plans
- Manage OTA relationships, including negotiating optimal contracts, and closely managing yield and inventory
- Develop, monitor and adjust group pricing strategies based upon need periods. Perform displacement analysis on groups to support group sales decisions
- Ensure a focus on total Revenue Management, including parking, food and beverage, retail and other revenue opportunities. Requires superior strategic planning and execution skills
- Track, analyze and report on the performance of all revenue generating activities, providing recommendations and/or proposing new initiatives and product development opportunities in support of the Resort's financial goals
- Stay abreast of market trends, and LEGOLAND California's position within the market,
- Represent LEGOLAND California within key associations (CVBs, lodging associations, etc.)
- Analyze and review STAR reports to understand how LEGOLAND Accommodations compares to the comp set, and apply learnings to impact and predict future results
- Utilize historical data and current trends to produce accommodations forecasts and make recommendations as needed
- Manage and yield rates across the Opera PMS, TravelClick and ISO Pacific systems to support agreed rate strategies. Includes, but is not limited to:
- Inventory allocation to 3rd parties, etc.
- Update weekly comp set analysis report
- Review Opera, TravelClick and ISO Pacific systems/interfaces regularly to ensure systems, rates and inventory are properly selling and optimized. Ensure all systems are consistently up and running.
- Work with the Merlin North America Call Center and Accommodations Operations Teams to ensure effective and efficient management of inventory, as well as to ensure all strategies and information are communicated internally. Includes communicating rates, restrictions, policy updates and revenue management initiatives
- Active role in setting and delivering against annual Accommodations budget
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with major in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
- Minimum 5 years of accommodations revenue management experience, preferably managing 250+ rooms
- Opera experience preferred. Training will be provided, so applicants are not required to have experience with the Opera PMS system, but must demonstrate ability to learn systems quickly
- Track record of exceeding commercial targets
- Strong analytical and reporting skills; extremely comfortable compiling and manipulating data
- Possess a demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Skilled in analysis, problem solving and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large volume of work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to influence others at all organizational levels
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Ability to organize work and prioritize
- Technically savvy
- Reliable and accurate, with strong attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office products required
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must have a valid driver's license, safe driving record and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes. Must have reliable transportation to attend meetings and manage field sales activities.
- Must have or be able to get a valid passport and relevant travel visas. May require travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time to attend onsite and offsite meetings, travel and drive
- Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the park, host site visits and interact with colleagues
- Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork and use a computer
- Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, complete paperwork activities and drive
- Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
Apply on company website