Custodial Associates working in the Technical & Custodial division of the Park Presentation Department will be challenged with a variety of tasks ranging from detailed custodial cleaning of all Retail and Restaurant locations in addition to any and all additional tasks associated with the custodial upkeep of any Park facilities.
We are currently looking for applicants who have at least 4 days of weekly availability and who are at least 18 years old.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that Department Standards are upheld on an individual level.
- Meets or exceeds the Guest Service Core standards.
- Responsible for accomplishing overall cleaning of the Park prior to operation. Tasks vary but include: Detail Cleaning of Park Facilities/Emptying and Replacing Trash Liners/Use of specialized equipment/ETC.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of designated restrooms as trained.
- Able to safely utilize all applicable equipment (Mop and Bucket/Scrubbers/Vacuums/ETC) and follow all departmental and park wide policies and procedures.
- Keeps tools, machinery and all other company equipment in clean and working order.
- Follows all training guidelines regarding safety protocols such as: hazardous communications, blood borne pathogens, lock-out/tag-out, ladder safety, ETC.
- Carries a variety of cleanliness tools while in Park during operation.
- Organizes and stocks relative supplies and notifies the Department Supervisor to ensure stock is ordered in a timely manner.
- Communicates any operational, guest, maintenance, safety or staffing problems to his or her Supervisor as appropriate.
- Able to utilize a handheld radio unit for communication, without issue.
- Creates positive working relationships interdepartmentally and intradepartmentally.
- Performs related work as deemed necessary.
Background & Experience:
- Must speak English fluently and be able to follow directions written in the English language
- The earliest shifts in the Technical & Custodial position in the Operational Presentation department can begin as early as 5:00pm. The latest shifts can end as late as 6:00am
- Must be able to work efficiently outdoors in various weather conditions such as wet, hot, or humid conditions
- Minimum high school diploma
- Basic computer skills with a general understanding of MS Office
Sitting - None (0%)
Standing - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Walking - Constantly (67 - 100%)
Lifts & Carries - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Lifts Overhead - 11 - 24 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Bending - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Squatting/Kneeling/Crawling/Climbing - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Pulling - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Wrist Deviation (Side to Side) - Constantly (67 - 100%)
Hand/Wrist Repetitions (Up and Down) - Constantly (67 - 100%)
Reaching - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Grasping - Simple: < 50 pounds
Manual Dexterity/Strength - Gross motor, light - moderate strength
Manual Dexterity/Strength - Fine motor, light - moderate strength
Pushing - 35 - 50 pounds, Frequency - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
Close eye work (small figures) - Not applicable
Color discrimination - Not applicable
Minimal color discrimination - Not applicable
Normal color discrimination - Not applicable
Other: Depth perception, distance vision, ability to focus
Hearing Requirements - Special requirements, able to consistently fulfill communication needs
(alarms, phone ringing, conversation, clear acuity within 100 feet)
Temperature - Between 16 and 95 degrees
Crawl Space/Cramped Postion - Exposed < 1 hour per day
Personal Protective Equipment (e.g. Respiratory Mask, etc.) - Frequently (34 - 66%)
Driving - None (0%)
Noise (Loud/Repetitive, < 85 Decibels per OSHA Standard) - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
LEGOLAND California, 1 Legoland Dr
Carlsbad, California, 92008
Apply on company website