Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital and the Department of Pediatrics is expanding the Section of Pulmonary Medicine and seeking to hire additional Pediatric Pulmonologists. Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital, part of Lehigh Valley Health Network, is the region's only children's hospital. Opportunities for leadership of the Section of Pediatric Pulmonology are available for candidates with requisite experience, with junior faculty candidates also considered.
- The Pediatric Pulmonary practice includes office-based pediatric respiratory therapists, dedicated pulmonary nurses, and a highly qualified team of ancillary staff dedicated to the care and education of patients and their families.
- We maintain a high-quality and state-of-the-art pediatric PFT lab in our office including spirometry, body plethysmography, DLCO, MIP/MEP, and nitrogen washout.
- LVRCH is an accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center, caring for about 80 CF patients in the region, and is staffed with a full-time CF Coordinator, a CF nutritionist, Behavioral Health Therapist, CF Pharmacist, Social Worker, and Physical Therapist.
- Our two credited pediatric sleep lab locations, staffed with experienced respiratory technicians and a Pediatric Sleep Medicine Board Certified Physician, offer baseline polysomnography, positive airway pressure titration, multiple sleep latency test and actigraphy for children aged 0-18 years old.
- We offer in-office sweat testing for patients and infants with abnormal newborn screens.
- We offer in-office biologic asthma controller medication to children with severe persistent asthma.
- We have a collaborative approach to patient care with other Pediatric Subspecialties:
- Monthly Pediatric ENT and GI multidisciplinary care conference for an aerodigestive disorders and joint procedures for airway evaluations (double and triple scopes).
- Hospital-based care includes inpatient consultations in the PICU, NICU, and pediatric inpatient floors with a co-management approach to admitted children with CF.
- Members of the pulmonary team are integral to the education of medical students and pediatric residents during core and elective pulmonary rotations.
- We maintain a positive work environment by prioritizing team collaboration, wellness, and community.
- Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship Trained
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
- Ability to deliver excellent family-centered care and work toward program development, continuous improvement, and scholarly activities
- A current PA Medical License or ability to obtain a PA Medical License is required
Benefits & Perks:
- Highly Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Reimbursement for Board Exam fees
- Generous vacation time
- Retirement programs
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
Facility and Network Information:
- Hecht Family Children's Specialty Center, located on the main campus of Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital (LVRCH), is the main practice site for pediatric specialties.
- LVRCH serves the eastern Pennsylvania region with a pediatric primary care network and a full complement of pediatric specialists.
- LVRCH's Pediatric Residency Program trains 8 pediatric residents per class.
- LVHN is a regional branch campus for the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine 3rd and 4th year medical students enrolled in the USF SELECT program.
- Ambulatory services include our Children's Cancer and Infusion Center and our Children's Surgery Center, both located adjacent to the children's hospital in our children's specialty center.
- The neonatal team provides 24/7 coverage at 3 neonatal intensive care units throughout the region with a 40 bed Level-4 NICU at LVRCH.
- Our newly renovated 12 bed pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) is staffed 24/7 by a team of in-house pediatric intensivists and pediatric critical care nurses.
- Our Children's ER completed an expansion in 2021, more than doubling in size, and is the largest Children's ER outside of Philadelphia.
- MedEvac ground and air transport services provide access to emergent care at LVRCH.
Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all colleagues unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.
Lehigh Valley Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with, and where applicable, in addition to federal, state and local employment regulations, Lehigh Valley Health Network will provide employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or other such protected classes as may be defined by law. All personnel actions and programs will adhere to this policy. Personnel actions and programs include, but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, educational programs and/or social activities.
Apply on company website