General Maintenance Worker - (The Leona Group) - Phoenix
- Great compensation package and career growth opportunities!
- Full-time and year-round - with medical/dental/vision/retirement benefits!
- Only one position is open!
The Leona Group Arizona is looking for a driven, energetic and hardworking General Maintenance Worker for our West Valley schools.
What can Leona Group Arizona offer a General Maintenance Worker
- Pay range of $15.00 - $18.00 / hour, year-round, and with amazing benefits!
- A full-time, year-round job with benefits and career growth opportunities!
- We put your health and safety first - so that we can serve our community
- The best health, dental and vision benefits with 401 K employer match, up to 6%, retirement benefits. Check them out at leonagroupaz.com/benefits
- Opportunity of a yearly merit-based pay increase and bonus
- *based on yearly budgets
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of - or able to attain - a valid IVP Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Minimum of one year of experience in building and grounds maintenance work, including some experience in one or more of the trades (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC, Landscaping).
- Valid Arizona driver's license
- Ability to push, pull or lift weights of up to 50 pounds and the ability to climb ladders and work in tight spaces, i.e., trenches, attics, equipment rooms, etc.
- Basic knowledge in the operation of both hand and power tools as well as the ability to perform heavy labor and general maintenance tasks as well as skilled in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and other trades.
- A team player who works well with others and in school environments.
- Need to be able to act on the instructions from a supervisor and work well alone or as a member of a team.
- Participates in educational seminars and meetings for the purpose of maintaining and upgrading job knowledge, skills and resolutions to safety issues.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of facilities. This includes but not limited to changing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, air filters, mounting whiteboards, repairing and replacing locksets and door closers.
- Performs a variety of general functions (e.g. plumbing, painting, electrical, carpentry, locksmith, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Repairs facilities, equipment and systems (e.g. brackets, drain covers, locks, worn tumblers, exit hardware, removes graffiti, wall boards, safety rails, doors, sewage/drainage pipes, water fountains, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
If you have what it takes to be part of our dynamic Leona Group team - apply for these great opportunities and email Christina Enriquez, Director of Maintenance. You can find this opportunity and all of our jobs at leonagroupaz.com/careers
The Leona Group currently manages 28 school sites in Arizona.
The Leona Group is an equal opportunity employer with a continuing policy to ensure that fair and equal employment opportunities are extended to all persons without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Apply on company website