Mildred C. Wells Academy
248 9th Street
Benton Harbor MI. 49022
Wells is a small school with a big heart! We create a challenging learning environment with high expectations for students success through differentiated instruction. We strive to have families, teachers, and community members actively involved in student learning. Candidates must be “highly qualified', willing to grow with your students, and have genuine love for children. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, supportive administration, coaching and a parapro for every Teacher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Create an environment that is conducive to learning, including classroom, small-group, one-on-one, and other instructional settings.
· Plan academic interventions to meet the needs of individual students, as defined by their eligibility for interventions and by planning cooperatively with general education classroom teachers. Independently and in cooperation with classroom teachers, develop effective strategies, tools, activities and settings for delivery of academic interventions. May provide interventions independently or in conjunction with other staff members, depending on the needs of individual students or groups of students. Will frequently adjust the place, setting and form of instructional activities in order to meet student needs.
· Establish clear objectives for all interventions, either independently or in conjunction with classroom teachers or teaching teams, along with related assessments; ensure that interventions are aligned with state curriculum, school-wide curriculum goals, specific program goals, and teacher lesson plans as applicable.
· Evaluate student data frequently, independently and in conjunction with classroom teachers, to ensure interventions are having the desired effect, or to plan for adjustments as needed.
· Maintain accurate and complete records including individual student records of interventions performed, student progress, and any other funding-related record keeping required.
Apply on company website