Special Education Teacher
Achieve Career Preparatory Academy
3891 Martha Ave.
Toledo, OH 43612
Achieve is a dropout recovery program where we make education happen for all of our students in 8th grade through age 22. We offer students a flexible schedule, allowing them to meet work and family commitments so they can complete their high school education and to be college or career ready, whether they are on track or behind in their academic status. Candidates for employment must approach our students with an open mind and without judgement; have strong content knowledge; and be flexible. Our fantastic 3-D lab allows students to experiment with technology; our flexible schedule allow students to integrate internship and co-op placements and career exploration into their school schedule.
Collaborate with the general education staff to create and provide supplemental instruction to eligible students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Provide individualized and/or small-group instruction for students in the Title I program
· Administer assessments and screeners and participate in decisions regarding:
o determining eligibility for entry into Title I program
o creating appropriate interventions
o exiting students from the Title I program
· Maintain close communications with regular classroom teachers regarding the progress of and concerns about Title I students
· Participate in regularly scheduled meetings to discuss and plan interventions for individual students including, but not limited to RTI team meetings, data team meetings, PBS team meetings, etc.
· If Title I paraprofessionals are a resource in the building, plan interventions that utilize the Title I paraprofessional to implement those interventions and provide monitoring and feedback regarding the interventions
· Perform all other necessary duties in teaching students, such as ensuring materials are procured for lessons, maintaining appropriate climate for learning, etc.
· Help evaluate the effectiveness of Title I program and its impact on student achievement
· Participate in regularly scheduled Title I meetings with the Title I Coordinator to discuss the program as a whole with a view toward improvements throughout the year
· Design and implement daily lesson plans for intervention activities, turn in a daily schedule/list of students served and comply with all other documentation and data requirements
· Conduct formal and informal parent-teacher conferences
· Maintain activity logs and ‘time and effort' documentation that comply with regulatory requirements
· Other duties as assigned
· Must meet No Child Left Behind requirements for highly qualified teachers in the grade levels and content areas in which services will be provided.
· Demonstrated proficiency in a teaching/tutoring capacity.
· Demonstrated proficiency in the design and implementation of academic interventions preferred.
· Evidence of successful experience in student and adult relations.
Apply on company website