Summer School Title I Teacher
6782 Goldsmith St.
Detroit MI 48209
CCA Middle School serves students in grades 6-8 on a multi-building campus in southwest Detroit. The school offers a safe, clean, positive, secure environment for learning with multiple sources of support including academic interventionists, paraprofessionals, several 'specials' classes, sports, clubs, inclusive special education, Positive Behavior Support and Response to Intervention initiatives, El/ESL support, updated technology, and more. A new Media Center is under construction at the middle school! Teacher candidates must be willing to learn and have a mindset that students come first. Must be willing to grow because -- CCAMS is the place to be -- we will get you what you need to grow! Our focus is on achievement-educating the whole child.
Collaborate with the general education staff to create and provide supplemental instruction to eligible students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Provide individualized and/or small-group instruction for students in the Title I program
· Administer assessments and screeners and participate in decisions regarding:
o determining eligibility for entry into Title I program
o creating appropriate interventions
o exiting students from the Title I program
· Maintain close communications with regular classroom teachers regarding the progress of and concerns about Title I students
· Participate in regularly scheduled meetings to discuss and plan interventions for individual students including, but not limited to RTI team meetings, data team meetings, PBS team meetings, etc.
· If Title I paraprofessionals are a resource in the building, plan interventions that utilize the Title I paraprofessional to implement those interventions and provide monitoring and feedback regarding the interventions
· Perform all other necessary duties in teaching students, such as ensuring materials are procured for lessons, maintaining appropriate climate for learning, etc.
· Help evaluate the effectiveness of Title I program and its impact on student achievement
· Participate in regularly scheduled Title I meetings with the Title I Coordinator to discuss the program as a whole with a view toward improvements throughout the year
· Design and implement daily lesson plans for intervention activities, turn in a daily schedule/list of students served and comply with all other documentation and data requirements
· Conduct formal and informal parent-teacher conferences
· Maintain activity logs and ‘time and effort' documentation that comply with regulatory requirements
· Other duties as assigned
· Must meet No Child Left Behind requirements for highly qualified teachers in the grade levels and content areas in which services will be provided.
· Demonstrated proficiency in a teaching/tutoring capacity.
· Demonstrated proficiency in the design and implementation of academic interventions preferred.
· Evidence of successful experience in student and adult relations.
Apply on company website