DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Technologies, DRS Training & Control Systems (TCS), Fort Walton Beach, FL, provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS TCS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Title: Planner II
Based on the MPS driven demand, selects and sequences available jobs to be run at specific workstations or machines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Based on the MPS driven demand, selects and sequences available jobs to be run at specific workstations or machines
- Meet weekly with Contracts to review all pending and recently received demands and assign planner responsibility to the appropriate individual
- Manage overall workload and align resources as needed to maintain balance
- Drive consistent communications between planning, project accounting, and project management for consistent project Material EAC's and Execution Charts
- Improve current system, functions, and daily operations to more effectively meet goals
- Maintains manufacturing build plans on a daily basis
- Maintains the run and set up times associated with each job / product / part
- Creates and maintains the expected completion of each scheduled job
- Reviews the schedule and ensures the raw materials are available when needed to run according to the schedule
- Creates a forward-looking plan to create purchase requisitions and monitor material deliveries to support the run schedules
- Ensures all outside services are planned and monitored
- Consolidate demand for purchase requisitions
- Highlights critical parts and any issue, which may keep operations from meeting the MPS
- Support, communicate and defend the mission, values and culture of the company
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience.
- Solid understanding of business processes and functional inter-relationships
- Strong background in project material management
- Extensive experience in production planning
- Skilled in the use of Excel, Excel Pivot Tables, Power Point, Word, as well as Sharepoint
- Strong understanding of MRP systems
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Apply on company website