Position Title: SHAREPOINT DEVELOPER/ANALYST
LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS Canada), is a leading mid-tier Canadian defence electronics company specializing in military voice and data communications systems; electro-optics (EO) and infrared search and tracking systems (IRST); command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems integration; deployable flight data recorders; and defence/space electronics manufacturing.
What it's like working at DRS!
- A motivating team-based environment where your achievements matter
- A chance to work on Industry leading edge technology with exceptional mentors
- Every second Friday off. We care about your work life balance!
- Flexible hours. Work your hours around your schedule
- Recipient of Carleton University's Co-Op Employer of the Year in 2018
- Seasonal company-wide events: free BBQs, Christmas party, Dragon Boat team, Shinny hockey tournament, golf tournament, the Army Run, and more!
Design, code, test, and analyze software programs and Sharepoint applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. Analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified Sharepoint applications or internal web sites to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities
- A working knowledge of relational database design concepts primarily with MS SQL and Oracle
- A working knowledge of report writer tools primarily Crystal reports
- Education or experience with HTML editors and web site development tools
- Education or experience with graphics creation/manipulation tools
- Understanding of layout and design principles, CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), typography, Inter/Intranet, web servers, web browsers and computer operating systems
- Document software requirements and specifications
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Consistently write, translate, and code Sharepoint and reporting applications according to specifications
- Write/maintain programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs to correct errors and identify areas for improvement
- Perform critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problems
- Coordinate with end users and technical staff to implement and maintain systems that utilize industry best practices to meet business objectives, while maintaining the security and integrity of the data, system and network
- Generate metrics, project status reports and operating status reports for management and team members
- Prepare, coordinate and support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post implementation support issues
- Provide service desk and technical support to users
- Perform routine to moderately complex problem analysis and resolution design for systems and applications
- Has a professional attitude
- Ability to produce quality technical work
- Install and test software products as required
- Enhance knowledge/experience with the system development life cycle, program documentation requirements, and documentation standards
- Develop knowledge and subject matter expertise of specific production programs and jobs
- Maintain timely and accurate helpdesk records using the ticket management system
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Protect organization's value by preserving the confidentiality of information
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Industrial Technology, Computer Sciences, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of management, other IT professionals and end-users
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada and meet Controlled Goods Clearance requirements and Canadian security clearance; a minimum of 5 years continuous residence in Canada and a police background check are mandatory.
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. DRS is dedicated to Employment Equity. DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may apply to this position online at www.leonardodrs.com careers. #DRSCanada
Apply on company website