Leslie's is the world's largest retailer of swimming pool supplies. With multiple retail stores across the US and several Commercial, Service, E-Commerce, and Distribution divisions, the opportunities here are truly endless!
About the Opportunity
The Senior, Financial Reporting is a newly created position responsible for preparing the SEC reporting/filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc.), as well as assisting in technical accounting research and other ad hoc reporting. This role is expected to have strong technical accounting skills and ability to research and apply accounting guidance to new or existing transactions executed by the Company. This position will take part in special projects, as well as interface with the internal and external auditors to provide audit support as requested. The Senior, Financial Reporting will be instrumental in building and refining the external reporting functions. The position is based in Phoenix, Arizona and reports directly to the Director of Financial Reporting.
- Assist and prepare quarterly/annual financial statements and disclosures for SEC filings (Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.).
- Assist and prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages to management and the board of directors.
- Assist with technical accounting research and document conclusions on complex accounting issues in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Research, document, and assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial information included in Investor Relations documents (press releases, investor presentations, etc.).
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Assist with compliance and maintenance of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Execute on ad hoc reporting and projects as requested.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional analytical, problem identification and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis.
- Holds self-accountable for ensuring that results are achieved; seizes opportunities to produce results with limited direct supervision; takes action on items beyond formal job responsibility; sets high expectations for self.
- Ability to effectively interface with external audit and properly manage internal and external deadlines.
- Adequately document, maintain and improve internal controls in Financial Reporting and other related areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance.
- CPA designation required.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC and Sarbanes Oxley, required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant accounting/financial reporting experience (public accounting required and/or a mix of public accounting and corporate financial reporting experience).
- Knowledge of financial statement preparation, month end close process; experience preparing SEC filings, a plus
- Experience using ERP and Reporting software, a plus.
Leslie's is committed to developing and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within our company and the communities we serve. A key aspect of building a great team is valuing ideas from many viewpoints, which is why we place a priority on identifying and hiring talented individuals from all backgrounds and perspectives.
Take advantage of our competitive compensation, extensive paid training, comprehensive and flexible suite of benefits package, 401K with company match, team member discounts, rewards for top performers, and most importantly career advancement opportunities.
Learn more about Leslies at LPM Jobs (lesliespool.com).
Apply on company website