We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been passionate about innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi's®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to progress, authenticity and collaboration.
We're looking for a Graphic Designer to focus on special projects that are separate from the mainline calendar for both men's and women's apparel. You'll design innovative, commercially-viable products that support and deepen the value and identity of the Levi's brand.About the Job
- Design and develop graphic apparel concepts and art monthly to answer our quick to market, collaborations and Direct Print online/tailor shop activations
- Identify consumer relevant product opportunities through market research
- Create and research print techniques, placements and logo ideas which will inspire new product opportunities
- Sustain effective partnerships with Merchandising, Product Development and Sourcing to ensure products are engineered to profit and quality/aesthetic goals
- Execute direction given by senior designers and directors as part of the global guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, Printed Textile or other relevant design field
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a graphic apparel designer
- Experience creating commercially viable and profitable graphic designs
- You've developed an excellent portfolio of design, exemplifying your creative process and trend research
- You're at expert level with Adobe Suite, but can also sketch and illustrate by hand
- Solid foundation in print graphics and print production
- You're great at multi-tasking; with the desire to work in a fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills; especially when it comes to collaborating with senior level directors
- You have an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS & Co.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.LOCATION 1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111 FULL TIME/PART TIME Full time
Apply on company website