JOB DESCRIPTION We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been obsessed with innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values.
We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi's®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply, if you're looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career.
We are looking for a Lead Tailor who will bring innovation, creativity and spunk to our team. It is important to us this person has the energy and desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand's past. This person is also someone who is capable of driving success even with a wide range of diverse responsibilities. If you are this person we would love to get to know you and we can certainly assure you that your talents will never be overlooked.
- Execute craftsmanship strategy in partnership with Master Tailor or Manager of Tailor Shop.
- Executes and responsible for basic alteration services (i.e. Hemming, patch and repair, tapering, etc.)
- Ability to partner and with the Master and Manager of Tailor Shop on additional projects when needed
- Exemplify and possess strong customer service skills to elevate our clients experience
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate and carry out all services of the Tailor Shop
- Educate and train store teams on customer offerings and services – Brand Ambassador
- Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred
- Formal Training in apparel design preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of sewing/tailoring experience and a strong knowledge of jeans construction
- Thorough knowledge of machines used in the sewing of denim products.
While performing the duties of the job the employee may be required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear, use hands to type and utilize the tools of tailor shop. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, lift, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.LOCATION USA, New York, Times Square (L190) FULL TIME/PART TIME Full time
Apply on company website