Supports the Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager in attaining Levi's® Store Iconic status by assisting in the development of the store team and contributing to the successful implementation of strategies and operational excellence that ensure brand equity, customer satisfaction and financial growth. Assumes responsibility for store in the absence of Store Manager and/or Associate Store Manager. The Assistant Manager relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Contributes to stores financial growth through driving sales, managing expenses and implementing plans for increased profitability.
- Accountable for operational results in store procedures, payroll management, cash handling and inventory control
- Is accountable and holds others accountable for ensuring all operational standards are achieved.
- Assists in the hiring, training and retention of a store staff that model LS&CO selling practices, deliver authentic customer service and meet sales goals.
- Executes flawless store visual presentation by following corporate visual direction and recommending merchandising adaptations where needed.
- Recruits and conducts screening interviews for stylist position and makes recommendations for new hires.
- Participates in training process for new hires on LS&CO culture, product knowledge, selling practices and other associate responsibilities.
- Coaches and develops staff to increase their knowledge and skill sets, providing opportunities for continued development and growth within the organization.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Manages minor employee relations issues including performance management and holding associates accountable for following LS&CO policies and procedures.
- Partners with Store Manager/Associate Store Manager to execute the performance review process bi-annually for their store team, utilizing these tools to drive performance.
What the perfect Assistant Store Manager already has:
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of experience and a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Solid experience and demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching and training sales associates
- Strong apparel experience
- Extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS & Co.
Apply on company website