We believe that clothes — and how you make them — can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been obsessed with innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values.
We employ more than 17,000 people around the world – supporting great brands, including Levi's®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply, if you're looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career.
Who are you?
You are an accomplished and seasoned strategic sourcing professional with over five years of deep procurement experience. You are among the best in your craft. A top-class negotiator. You demonstrate mastery of the tools, techniques and processes that deliver exemplary results. A natural leader, you are a polished communicator across all mediums and audiences. A change agent, you demonstrate persistence and resilience in the face of multiple challenges as you drive toward your goals. Building effective relationships based on mutual understanding and respect is a specialty for you. You are transparent in your dealings with stakeholders, having a reputation for honesty and integrity that reinforces your credibility. You see challenging and difficult situations as opportunities to prove your capabilities and worth. You are resilient, convey a sense of assurance and calm as you navigate tense and pressing situations. At your core, you are constantly seeking to challenge and develop yourself - to be the best that you can be!
Leads all Procurement-related activities to source requested indirect goods and services based upon category assignment and business requirements. Accountable for leading competitive bid events including screening, communications, RFI, RFP, negotiations, and supporting contracting and administration for all indirect categories. Candidate should be a subject matter expert (SME) and capable of supporting key corporate strategic initiatives, including SG&A, HR, Retail, Marketing and Advertising, and Information Technology.
Sourcing Strategy Leadership
Develop and implement sourcing strategies and productivity programs, in partnership with stakeholders and GSS colleagues, in order to optimize category spend and maximize the potential value of the supply markets and the company's core business objectives. Develop and execute action plans to achieve category objectives through identifying risks and obstacles and creating strategies and tactics to surmount obstacles. Effectively communicate the opportunity profile of each category and develop new productivity ideas. Support development of project pipeline and cash flow improvement initiatives. Liaise closely with Regional GSS colleagues to understand regional business needs and align on implementation approaches.
Lead and execute key negotiations, inclusive of preparation and planning for designated categories. Conduct negotiations employing appropriate techniques and solicit cross-functional input and buy-in as appropriate. Negotiate commercial aspects of contracts to ensure the company receives the best possible prices, terms and conditions to gain a competitive advantage vs. our peer group companies/competitors. Ensure that the full business needs of the company are realized through the agreement, backed up by robust performance measures and service level agreements.
Establish and maintain alliances with key internal and external stakeholders focused on total cost and service solutions. Provide category expertise for industry dynamics including economic/market conditions, complexity of players and contingency plans to address unforeseen fall-out. Leverage local and regional sourcing strategies as appropriate.
Demonstration of corporate responsibilities
Promote and ensure adherence to Procurement Policies & Procedures. Adhere to internal controls, use of eProcurement tools, and the practice of ethical behavior and Business Code of Conduct policy. Act with integrity and transparency at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree 7+ years of work experience
- Functional Procurement experience in several indirect categories
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Negotiations, Supplier Relationship Management, Contracting
- Strategic thinking supported with expert knowledge of procurement practices and logistics. Aptitude for solving complex problems and influencing stakeholders, and the intuitive foresight to envision and orchestrate effective change by setting a strategic direction to deliver against key financial and growth objectives.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing, process improvement and creative solutions to conceive, communicate and lead the development and implementation of a wide variety of strategies and category initiatives.
- Results driven with proven ability, composure and judgment in consistently making cost effective decisions on a timely basis by utilizing others to deliver systemic and sustainable improvements in a quality manner despite obstacles.
- Highly effective at leading and managing negotiations resulting in a win/win conclusion. Exercise exceptional persuasion skills in dealing with divergent opinions across supplier base and within the company to successfully achieve company objectives.
- Vision to support creating alternative strategies and intuitively adjust to a changing environment
- High ethical standards demonstrated by individual approach to business and ability to set that tone for the overall organization.
- Good written and oral communication skills complemented with highly effective presentation, interpersonal and consulting skills in working across all aspects of the business, levels of the organizations and outside contacts.
- Candidate must be able to work cross-functionally and cross-regionally.
Apply on company website