We have an immediate opportunity for Receptionist - PRN. Mostly weekends
General Summary: The Receptionist is responsible for creating the ideal first impression for welcoming and registering visitors and guests to LifeCare Hospital and wishing them well on their departure as well as courteously answering telephone calls. The Receptionist is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients in a non-clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in the adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older) populations.
- Answers all incoming calls in a timely (within three rings), friendly, and professional manner demonstrating attentive customer service.
- Directs incoming calls appropriately while maintaining confidentiality; taking messages and relaying them in a timely manner; and demonstrating appropriate customer service with both internal and external customers.
- Assists visitors and employees in making out-going calls in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Greets visitors and guests and assists them by providing clear directions to their destination.
- Provides clerical assistance to other departments as needed.
- Maintains clean, comfortable, inviting atmosphere of hospital lobby reception area, promoting positive image and preparing for a good first impression.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Not applicable.
Experience: Six months experience in answering a hospital or multiple line switchboard or 1-2 years of front desk experience in a high guest contact environment (e.g. hospitality environment) is preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Apply on company website