Our five core values encompass who we are as an organization. They serve as a guide to how we operate with one another and the patients we provide world-class care for each day.
All of our associates are empowered to Own It, Respect It, Personalize It, Blur It and Create It.
Complete Home Care - Palm Beach County North has an immediate opportunity for a Physical Therapist, PRN - Home Health
General Summary: Provide coordinated care to clients of all age groups. Plans, implements and evaluates client care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Plans, organizes and conducts physical therapy treatment based on the medical referral and their evaluation.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients of all ages in a clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in all populations.
1. Promote /exemplify Company mission, vision and values at all times.
2. Perform clinical assessments; identifies patient needs and appropriateness of client.
3. Document, prepare/revises and completes a Plan of Care (POC), progress notes, phone orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis.
4. Apply concepts of infection control and universal precaution in coordination/performing client cares activities to protect both client and staff (OSHA).
5. Plan and provide appropriate treatment for neuro-muscular, neurological and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral and therapy assessment.
6. Assist/instruct client/family in transfer techniques appropriate to client abilities. Instruct on use of equipment.
7. Provides effective communication to clients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals. Regular participation in Case Conference/Team Meetings.
8. Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers.
9. Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure compliance with company policy.
10. Demonstrates commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
11. Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the Agency/licensing board.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
• Two (2) years experience as a PT in a clinical care setting.
• Preferred, Home health experience.
• Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrates proven decision making skills.
• If required to make visits, Hepatitis profile.
• Must read, write and comprehend English.
• Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association approved program.
• Current driver's license in good standing.
• Current State professional license as a PT in any/all applicable states.
• Current CPR
On-going employment as an PT requires maintenance of a valid PT license in the state which the therapist practices in and a valid CPR certificate at all times. It is the responsibility of the employee to renew these both before they expire in order to continue employment.
• Prolonged standing/walking required.
• The ability to lift/transfer up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to meet deadlines and patient needs, make quick decisions and allocate resources under stressful conditions.
• Meet patient/family individualized psycho social needs.
• Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Works in patient's home in various conditions.
• Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and infectious diseases.
• Some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN emergency call.
• Ability to travel locally and work a flexible schedule.
• Reliable transportation and auto liability insurance
• Standard therapy equipment used to assist patient care
Apply on company website