We have an immediate opportunity for a Private Duty Services LPN - Per Diem
General Summary: Administer nursing care, under supervision of a registered nurse, for clients in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, clients, and their families, and the referring agency.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients of all ages in a clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in all populations.
- Under the direction of the RN, assist in identifying the client's physical, psycho social and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations.
- Participate in planning and implementing care in conjunction with the RN, in accordance with the Plan of Care (POC). Assists clients in the recovery or maintenance of life functions; prevent illness and relapse of illness.
- Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both client and staff (OSHA).
- Assure the continuity of care through delivery of quality patient care.
- Provides effective communication to clients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals.
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers.
- Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure compliance with company policy.
- Demonstrates commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board.
- Promote the company philosophy and administrative policies.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- 1 year experience as an LPN in a clinical care setting.
- Preferred, home health experience
- Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrates proven decision making skills.
- If required to make visits, Hepatitis profile.
- Must read, write and comprehend English.
- Completion of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Current license that is in good standing to practice as an LPN in any/all applicable states.
- Current CPR certificate.
- Current driver's license in good standing.
On-going employment as an LPN requires maintenance of a valid LPN license in the state which the nurse practices in and a valid CPR certificate at all times. It is the responsibility of the employee to renew these both before they expire in order to continue employment.
- Prolonged standing/walking required.
- The ability to lift/transfer up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and patient needs, make quick decisions and allocate resources under stressful conditions.
- Meet patient/family individualized psycho social needs.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Works in patient's home in various conditions.
- Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and infectious diseases.
- Some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN emergency call.
- Ability to travel locally and work a flexible schedule.
- Reliable transportation and auto liability insurance
- Manual blood pressure cuff
Apply on company website