* Accounting * Excel Super User * Budget *
Are you an experience accountant with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and wanting to purse a job that aligns with your Mission, and Values? Well look no further, LifeScape has a position for you! The Staff Accountant - Foundation & Budget position is responsible for various accounting duties related to our LifeScape Foundation, and an integral role in our annual budget. This position also ensures adult service contracts are updated and maintained, as well as handling multiple general ledger duties such as monthly journal entries, reconciliations of accounts, and preparation of audit schedules. This position also serves as the department's Microsoft Excel super user. Now what are you waiting for? Come and join us, start your career today!
Here are some of the unique job duties that are apart of this position.
- Preparing daily cash receipts for the foundation and works in conjunction with development staff to ensure entries to fundraising software match accounting records and gift entries are accurately categorized
- Processing weekly check runs for the foundation, making sure invoices are paid by due dates and are coded to correct general ledger accounts, and sales tax is handled appropriately
- Billing foundation rents and loans
- Serving as budget assistant, supporting Senior Accountant and other Finance staff with budget preparation and analysis
- Tracking service contracts for adult services and updating the contracts appropriately and on a timely basis
- Recording journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned
- Assisting with month-end close
- Preparing or assisting in preparing work papers for the annual financial audit
- Functioning as the department's Microsoft Excel super user
- Sorting, summarizing, manipulating, and analyzing large volumes of data using Microsoft Excel
*LifeScape is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program *
*If you become a LifeScape employee, you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness*
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principle job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
LifeScape is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
A four-year degree in Business or Finance and minimum of 2 years applicable experience is required. Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skill is required.
Apply on company website