Dealership: L0105 Lithia Home Office
Construction Project Manager
**Must be located in Detroit or Upper Midwest area (OH to MN)**
The Construction Project Manager will coordinate and supervise several automotive dealership renovation projects within their assigned region on time and within budget.
The position will report to a Senior Construction Manager, depending on location of the project.
Leadership and Lithia Home Office Support
- Knowledge of construction/architectural terms and practices, ability to read construction documents and actively participate in contract process.
- Organizes, chairs and represents Lithia at regular project meetings; provide advice that will help facilitate economical, efficient and desired outcomes.
- Serves as Project Manager for each project, facilitates communication and coordination between all external and internal team members, prepares and presents project status updates to include budget, schedule, and outstanding issues.
- Ability to provide an overview and recommendations on engineering (Civil & MEP), architectural design and scope, as well as, contract terms, budgets, change management, schedules, extensions, and resolution of issues throughout the project life cycle.
- Monitors and directs all preconstruction and construction services and activities provided by the construction team members.
- Reviews and recommends payment requests, services rendered and/or goods received.
- Ensures all project documents are prepared, reviewed as scheduled.
- Monitors cost and progress on assigned projects throughout construction phases, including close-out.
- Provides regular communication with departments involved in construction projects to ensure project milestones are met, momentum is maintained, and issues are addressed proactively.
- Oversees and coordinates purchasing, delivery and installation of all owner supplied furniture, fixtures and equipment.
- Collaborates with in-house Design Management Team to determine the construability and value engineering of the project throughout the design process.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors and contractors.
- Plan and coordinate with local operations all construction activities and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one's own time identifying areas for improvement
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience in Project/Construction Management of Retail or Commercial projects with full responsibility for coordinating complex multiple projects with individual construction values in excess of $5M, from pre-construction to closeout.
- Proven experience as Owners Representative/Construction Project Manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning, Construction Management or related program required.
- Must have ability to travel to remote locations and active construction project sites and navigate over obstacles including the dexterity to safely walk a construction site.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual's employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).We offer best in class industry benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older required. Acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license in your state of residence necessary for select roles. We are a drug free workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity (regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status). We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Apply on company website