Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) - Per Diem, Days (LACH)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs a variety of standardized and highly specialized analysis of tests in Chemistry, Immunology, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Microbiology and/or Blood Bank. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for the accuracy, reliability and timeliness of patient test results (pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical) used for the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients. Provides support and facilitates communications by effectively navigating computer and phone systems, building and maintaining customer relationships, and providing a positive, professional and empathetic understanding to all customers.
- The CLS is responsible for performing laboratory testing, quality control measures, and distribution of test results of biological specimens in an accurate and timely manner. Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies; documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and maintenance performed.
- Actively participates in departmental process improvement. Adheres to turnaround time (TAT) guidelines for STAT and routine tests. Ensures Infection Control procedures, HIPAA compliance and other regulatory standards.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
- Identifies and troubleshoots issues that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either corrects the problems or immediately notifies the Director/Manager/Supervisor. Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Follows the laboratory's procedures for handling and proper disposal of specimens, reagents, and biohazard waste. Accurately processes tests, reports, and maintains records of patient test results. Maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science/Biological Science or Equivalent required.
Minimum Experience: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the hospital required. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required. Must be willing to work variable shifts and overtime as required. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job required. Ability to identify and distinguish colors required. Experience with lab/hospital computer systems and software preferred. Applicable clinical lab work experience preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure as a CLS License in the State of California required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Medical Laboratory Scientist, MLS, CLS, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Med Tech, Clinical Laboratory, Lab, Collecting Samples,
Apply on company website