Patient Experience Officer (PXO) - LACH
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Patient Experience Officer (PXO) is responsible for establishing, leading, coordinating and the oversight of the hospital's comprehensive program to continuously improve the experience of patients and to promote an organization wide approach to patient-centeredness and engagement. The PXO serves as a change agent and works closely with hospital leaders in identifying priority areas, developing goals, planning improvement, and measuring effectiveness. Recognizes that the patient experience encompasses quality, safety and service encounters, and that sustained improvement requires an engaged workforce.
- Develops and leads the execution of the hospital's patient experience strategy in cooperation with corporate and local delivery system senior leadership; works with hospital staff to achieve improved quality and patient satisfaction, cost efficiency in care delivery, highest volume of visits and admissions, competitive differentiation and best-in-class profitability. Serves as liaison with Corporate Chief Experience Officer (CXO) and ensures continuity and consistency of PX strategies throughout assigned hospitals.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on established and evolving best practices related to service and patient engagement and facilitates strategic planning and development of detailed work plans. Seeks greater understanding of key drivers contributing to patient satisfaction through the analysis of patient survey data, interpreting patient complaints, establishing patient advisory councils, where appropriate, participate in employee training, and working with leadership to identify and fix problems.
- Co-chairs Hospital's Patient Excellence Committee to develop and share creative, sound solutions to communicate patient experience issues including but not limited to: Best Practices, Communication Channels, Employee Engagement, Patient & Family Engagement, Service Excellence, Availability & Use of Technology, and other means to drive a positive healthcare experience.
- Continually anticipates the future of healthcare delivery and drives innovative change in the patient experience. Keeps management informed about trends, issues and best practices relating to patient experience technology.
- Collaborates with the Risk Management and Quality & Patient Safety Departments in the process of complaints and grievances to include tracking, trending and timely follow-up. Advocates on behalf of the patients and their families.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in healthcare, business or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Five (5) years of experience in Hospital, Health Plan or Physician Office/Group setting required. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong planning, organizational, and change management skills. Computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to influence, develop and lead employee at all levels. Ability to maintain flexibility and work well in a fast paced, constantly changing environment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization. One (1) year previous experience in PX preferred. Previous Supervisory and/or Management experience preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Quality Healthcare Management, PX, PXO, Patient Care, Quality Care, Patient Centric Care, Patient Experience.
Apply on company website