Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) - Per Diem, Days (LACH)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner evaluates pulmonary dysfunction and performs cardiopulmonary procedures to treat and care for the patient by means of respiratory therapy and ventilatory assistance, and is responsible and accountable for the performance of all respiratory care modalities. He or she is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the needs of the patient. Provides patient education, and initiates and updates patient care plans. Performs Infant, Pediatric and Adult Life Saving Efforts. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested such as but not limited to stocking of supplies or cleaning and set-up of The Respiratory Care Practitioner evaluates pulmonary dysfunction and performs cardiopulmonary procedures to treat and care for the patient by means of respiratory therapy and ventilatory assistance, and is responsible and accountable for the performance of all respiratory care modalities. He or she is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the needs of the patient. Provides patient education, and initiates and updates patient care plans. Performs Infant, Pediatric and Adult Life Saving Efforts. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested such as but not limited to stocking of supplies or cleaning and set-up of equipment.
- Assesses patients need for respiratory care by validating physician orders, interviewing patients, performing assessments, and provide appropriate recommendations. Initiates and conducts therapeutic procedures, evaluates treatment efficacy, and modifies prescribed therapeutic procedures. Provides emergency care, including airway management, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Performs cardiopulmonary diagnostic procedures, calculates test results, analyzes specimens to detect abnormalities or specimen integrity issues, and evaluates implications of test results. Participates in department and hospital wide performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintains, cleans, and calibrates equipment and instruments according to manufacturer instructions for use and hospital policy, to ensure safety, integrity and accuracy for patient use. Follows appropriate procedures for notification and removal of non-functional/unsafe equipment.
- Evaluates all clinical data to determine the appropriateness of the prescribed respiratory care, participates in the development of the respiratory care plan, and provides care using clinical protocols. Ensures timely, accurate and complete patient clinical documentation to include charges and billing. Maintains institutional compliance with professional, accrediting and regulatory standards of care. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
- Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Bachelors of Science Degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Previous experience as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in an acute care hospital preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Current Licensure as a RCP in the State of California required. Registered Respiratory Therapist (if graduated after 2015) required. AHA Basic Life Support, AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support and AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Keywords: Allied Health, Respiratory Care, Pulmonologists, Respiratory Therapists, Pulmonary Medicine
Apply on company website