Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Note: Internal applicants not eligible for any Sign On Bonus.
Sterile Processing Technician (Surgery & Recovery) - Full Time, Nights (LACH)
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
The Sterile Processing Tech is responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of supplies, instrumentation, and equipment dispensed by the department throughout the hospital. Prepares equipment and ensures the proper handling and storage of supplies, equipment and instrumentation. Participates on special projects and departmental performance improvement projects as requested. Performs related clerical functions.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Provides hospital and affiliate facilities with processed materials, instrumentation and equipment ensuring proper decontamination, cleaning, inspection, assembly and packaging of medical/surgical equipment to standards. Maintains a sterile and functioning supply of surgical equipment. Maintains complete knowledge of instrumentation and equipment used for sterilization, biologicals, protocols, as well as supplies. Ensures infection control procedure compliance. Performs all SPD/CST duties in compliance with applicable policies, regulations, and standards of AAMI/AORN.
- Ensures proper functioning, care, and use of clinical equipment, supplies and instrumentation. Performs quality checks, troubleshoots, and ensures supplies appropriate inventory of supplies and that supplies are in appropriate storage areas. Assists in receiving and following up on supply deliveries. Orients and trains others, as assigned.
- Accurately prepares documents, forms, and reports, and completes ad hoc projects/duties in a timely manner, as assigned. Establishes and maintains effective filing systems, provides excellent departmental telephone coverage, and completes additional clerical duties as assigned. Ensures the work area is clean, clutter free, and organized. Ensures H
- Actively engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes proactive, deliberate, and thoughtful actions regarding work activities. Demonstrates appropriate use of independent judgement and decision making. Demonstrates excellent customer service at all times. Ensure patients privacy and dignity at all times.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: One (1) year of experience in a Sterile Processing/Central Sterile Department required. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly changing environment. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English. Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks. Computer literacy and proficiency.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Certified from an accredited program for Sterile Processing Technician and or Certified Surgical Technologist with certification for SPD within one (1) year of employment required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only) required. SPD Certification preferred.Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals, benefit eligible positions will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/
Keywords: Sterile Processing Tech, Surgery, Ancillary, Equipment Sterilization. Entry Service Level, Allied, Acute Care Hospital, SPDPosition Summary
Employment Status: Regular Full-time
Work Schedule: Variable
Address: Los Angeles - 4081 East Olympic Boulevard
Apply on company website