Req ID: 136081
BASIC PURPOSE: The Business Systems Analyst role is to actively facilitate and contribute to the functional success of the Mobile Application product team. This position fills a Scrum Master role for the Love's Connect Mobile Application product team and includes business analysis responsibilities within the scrum team. This involves interacting with business unit stakeholders, product owners, designers, developers, administrators and vendors to ensure core goals and objectives are being met. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills for the Mobile Application program to increase Love's value proposition with the platform.
• As a member of fast-paced agile Scrum Teams, analyze, define and document business requirements which lead to successful delivery of iOS and Android Love's Connect Mobile Application releases.
• Display a proven track record of Business Analyst activities in support of customer-engaging development initiatives while adhering to Agile principles and methodologies to cultivate collaborative atmosphere.
• As Scrum Master, lead Mobile Application development team(s) as a mentor, coach, teacher and facilitator to develop self-organizing, high-performing teams. Work to remove impediments and keep the team moving forward without interruption or distraction.
• Facilitate scrum ceremonies – Sprint planning, grooming, daily stand-ups, sprint demo, retrospectives and feature planning. Maintain burn-downs, key metrics and dashboard reporting.
• Gather and understand business requirements from business/product owners & SME's. With Scrum Team, translate business goals and requirements to epics, features and user stories. Author additional requirements artifacts and project documentation as needed.
• Analyze and document business process flows and system data flows.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams on new feature functional designs, functional requirements, limitations, and implementations of new initiatives.
• Apply baseline understanding of performing data imports/exports, standard API's and other common application development concepts to technical and functional discussions.
• Contribute to visual design and creative process while accounting for functional design and technical capabilities.
• Participate in Quality Assurance (QA) activities including test planning, test scripts, test execution, defect tracking and management as needed. Includes new application functionality, UI testing, integration testing and regression testing in respective environments.
• Assist in release planning and deployment activities including production smoke testing, training documentation, change management and post-deployment support.
• Provide internal and external user product support, escalating issues and defects through scrum team product backlogs where indicated.
• Identify opportunities for application optimization, redesign or enhancements to support changing business needs and strategy.
• Effectively conduct meetings spanning multiple teams on complex matters.
• Follow standard project management methodologies to deliver projects on time, on budget and with high quality.
• Proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to earn their trust, confidence and respect.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor/Master degree in MIS, Business, Technology or related field.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certifications are a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years with external customer-facing application development projects (Web, Mobile App, etc.)
- Business process design and documentation
- Functional understanding of general digital commerce capabilities are a plus but not required.
- Agile methodology experience including Scrum.
- Familiarity with software development tools (Azure DevOps/VSTS, BrowserStack, etc.).
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Quick Learner with an ability to ramp up in technologies and modules to meet business needs
- Demonstrates strong analytical capabilities with a close attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous competing demands in a high stress environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works independently and able to make decisions quickly when necessary
- Basic knowledge of databases, systems integration, application development and reporting.
• Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
Job Function(s): Information Technology
Clean Places, Friendly Faces.It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our'Country Stores'are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops'are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.
Loves is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Apply on company website