Req ID: 141083
BASIC PURPOSE: A Field Auditor is tasked with ensuring that all items for sale at our stores is being tracked properly. The ability to maintain the proper inventory of merchandise to support our sales is paramount to the success of our stores. Our primary goal is to investigate reasons that our merchandise in-stock position would be something other than what is required to maintain our sales. Our replenishment process is reliant on our ability to maintain accurate data regarding our merchandise. Field Auditors will assist and supervise in maintaining and updating that data through a variety of methods. They will additionally investigate losses related to theft. The following is an example of some of the responsibilities of the Field Auditor. It is not intended to be an inclusive record of the entire role of a Field Auditor.
- Ensure assigned counts are performed timely and accurate to update BOH's.
- Schedule and supervise full WIS audit counts and follow up to ensure accuracy during the inventory audits. Assist in expediting the count process.
- Investigate variances at the inventory audit and work with store teams to ensure that any errors are corrected.
- Perform counts and complete their task lists on non-WIS Full Audit visits.
- Scan dead merchandise as well as ones, nones, and tons to investigate errors in set-ups and aliases and/or determine if items are being stolen. Investigation processes include utilizing all reporting and technology available to track merchandise movement.
- Generate and analyze reports that assist in merchandise management.
- Audit cash and other processes that affect cash reconciliation in stores on a per visit basis.
- Ensure stores are following non-negotiable loss control procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between Merchandising, Supply Chain, CI Team, Pricebook, and Loss Prevention to determine where losses are occurring.
- Follow up on tag maintenance, promo execution and other merchandising initiatives as directed.
- Work with store teams on training initiatives that affect inventory and cash management. They will serve as the first point of contact for questions and concerns from managers and IMCs regarding inventory management.
- Report to DMs and DD's the results of their visits.
- Create audio files for Business Reviews if requested.
- Complete recaps and track inventory issues to identify global issues or store specific recurring problems with inventory losses.
- Create a personal work schedule and be responsible for logistic and travel plans. They will maintain expense records and submissions for re-imbursement as needed.
- Communicate with store management regarding scheduling and performance expectations.
- Assist in rating a store's adherence to customer commitments, task list usage, cash binder, lottery binder, and count binder upkeep.
- Identify and investigate issues with cashier performance on the POS equipment.
- Follow all of Love's Policies as well as abide by the Rules and Regulations.
- Perform other duties as recognized and assigned by the Field Auditing Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Experience with receiving and/or inventory management processes and equipment
Must be willing to travel up to 90% of the time
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Hard skills: Strong knowledge of receiving and inventory management; working knowledge of Windows operating systems; experience with Microsoft Office.
- Soft Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business terms; highly self-motivated and directed; keen attention to detail; proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; strong customer service orientation; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): [[mfield1]]
Clean Places, Friendly Faces.It's been the guiding principle at Love's for more than 50 years, and it's leading us into the future. We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with plenty of fuel, food and supplies. Love's has two primary kinds of stores. Our'Country Stores'are fueling stations with a convenience store attached. The larger 'Travel Stops'are located on interstate highways and offer additional amenities such as food from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and more.
Apply on company website