Req ID: 143868
This person will be a member of an operation crew charged with responsibility for safely and effectively operating a loading and unloading facility.
- Perform the duties of an outside operator in a daily operational shift environment, including overtime, holiday, weekends, and nights.
- Possess a detailed, and up to date, working knowledge of all equipment and operations.
- Has the responsibility to control the operation of the facility, and must do so in a safe and efficient manner and be in compliance with all environmental permits and all safety regulations at all times.
- Perform truck loading-unloading activities on regular basis.
- Support railcar unloading activities whenever required, which includes connecting and disconnecting railcars, opening manways if required, and inspecting railcar etc.
- Effectively communicate to supervisory and fellow facility personal relative to the condition of the facility equipment and performance, and provide suggestions for facility improvements.
- Correct abnormal conditions by taking appropriate corrective action.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring all facility equipment on hourly basis, ensuring safe and correct operations, while recording/reporting status updates and pertinent information in the shift log book.
- Communicate all pertinent activities to the operation manager on duty.
- Fill out all forms required for that shift.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Maintaining professional communication and attitude in dealing with all personnel.
- Attend and complete all trainings and safety meetings as required.
- Carry out all other assigned duties.
- General labor work as needed to maintain a safe work environment.
EDUCTION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent basic computer knowledge, have knowledge of safety regulations, 1-2 years' experience required, ability to respond in emergency situations, work within and insure strict adherence to all safety practices and procedures. Must have valid driver license, must have attention to detail, being able to handle stress, having the ability to think analytically and being able to work as a part of a great team.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to speak, read, and write English. Must possess basic math skills. Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays, overtime and on-call shifts as dictated by business needs. Position requires the ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds.
Must be willing to work outside in inclement weather. Ability to work outdoors, indoors, and periodically in dusty environments. Must have the ability to operate a forklift. This position requires a normal range of hearing and vision (color, acuity, distance, and depth). Must comply with OSHA guidelines and company policy regarding personal protective equipment. Ability to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and work in elevated areas of the terminal with or without accommodation. Willingness to support all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies, procedures and programs including random drug and alcohol testing. Must reside within 60 minutes of the facility, or be willing to relocate without assistance.
10% Outdoors 90% Indoors
Job Function(s): Musket
Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we've provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We're passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love's Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry's safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Apply on company website