PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to supervise a team of individuals responsible for accurately processing and reviewing financial activities to enable accurate reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This includes responsibility for conducting effective research, managing, tracking, reporting, and reviewing work (first and/or second level) for financial activities to ensure accounting records are correct. In addition, this role supports the execution and design of internal controls over financial and regulatory reporting, by working independently to apply and provide experienced accounting judgment and advanced knowledge of GAAP and regulatory requirements to Accountants and Senior Accountants in daily activity.
- Supervises a group of individuals responsible for the timely processing of financial activities that require the application of technical accounting knowledge specific to their respective area
- Oversees training, work product review, and employee development within their respective group to build accounting skillset and knowledge and to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and analysis
- Manages and often performs moderately complex analysis (i.e. historical, forecasting, impact, etc.) and timely reconciliations to support monthly, quarterly and annual closing cycles according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
- Researches financial transactions related to their areas of responsibility to identify issues and determine appropriate resolution independently
- Executes specials projects and resolution of non-reoccurring complex accounting issues within the respective area to deliver optimal solutions to financial issues
- Ensures appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for financial activities and entries are maintained and provided to appropriate stakeholders
- Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and directly with external auditors to resolve audit questions and issues
- Partners with team and the business in order to identify transaction issues and procedure improvement opportunities to more-effectively support the needs of the Finance organization
- Works with external (regulatory and third party) and independent auditors for transactions to provide required data and information to ensure accuracy
- Designs and oversees testing around financial controls to support SOX compliance for respective financial area
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 4-6 years of experience in accounting (public or private) or relevant experience
- Advanced skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge to the design and execution of activities within the respective area)
- Experience leading a team and/or supervising others with direct or indirect reports
- Master's Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA Candidate
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website