PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to serve as the communications lead for the HR function and work closely with HR leaders and executives to advise and manage communication strategy, planning, and execution for all HR strategic initiatives.
This role will be specifically accountable for developing enterprise-wide communications strategies to support large HR initiatives as well as targeted change communications for a wide range of employee audiences, including the corporate offices, stores and distribution centers. Strategies will be focused on communicating information employees need to perform their jobs, develop their careers and stay engaged, as well as on reinforcing the benefits of working for Lowe's and promoting a positive reputation for the company.
• Develops results-driven integrated HR communication plans for small and large-scale initiatives aligned with enterprise strategy and key business initiatives, and ensures communications are developed, approved and sent on time and on budget. Establishes clear metrics and measures and reports outcomes as a discipline
• Directs the development and delivery of HR communications, both internally and externally, through all multimedia platforms, including videos, graphics, websites, newswires and applications
• Builds and executes creative and compelling communications campaigns in support of key HR initiatives including talent acquisition, annual benefits enrollment, new/enhanced/expanded benefit rollouts, performance planning and measurement, and compensation-related updates
Builds and executes Lowe's associate-experience storytelling strategy to underscore the company's commitment to offering competitive and comprehensive benefits. Partners with PR to develop engagement strategies to establish, develop and maintain relationships with key media and influencers. Conducts media training for business leaders, and serves as company spokesperson on select initiatives and issues
Provides thought leadership and strategic counsel on opportunities that serve to elevate/differentiate the company's associate experience
Provides project and program management of highly-complex integrated communications awareness and engagement strategies supporting special projects and initiatives
Manages cross-functional relationships, and leads cross-functional teams, to ensure seamless collaboration with internal partners including: Store Communications, Public Relations, Investor Relations, Community Relations, Digital Content and Marketing
• Leads a team of internal communications professionals, including agency staff, providing advice and counsel regarding the most effective communications strategy for the desired message and target audience
• Develops new approaches to deliver content in an engaging way to employees to support a culture of engagement and growth by staying current with communication trends
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Business Administration, or other related field
- 10+ years communication experience with 2+ years of responsibility of corporate communication (internal or external)
- 2+ years experience in crisis management
- 5+ years experience managing/supervising others
- 2+ years experience in a Fortune 500 corporate environment
- 5+ years experience prioritizing and managing multiple large projects simultaneously
- 3+ years experience working with all levels of an organization including executive management and below
- Master's Degree in Communication, Business Administration, or other related field
- 2+ years experience in developing communication that supports employee engagement
- 1+ years experience in brand building with specialty knowledge in employee branding
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website