As a Software Engineer (Back-End Technology), you will work closely with a team of passionate and talented software developers, engineers, and architects who take code quality and testing seriously. You will be an integral part of a product team contributing to the software design, development and overall life-cycle for a variety of core omni-channel products to support our retail operations and eCommerce segments. You will work through user stories and support our businesses with solutions that increase the performance, reliability and stability of Lowe's applications. Our ideal candidate is a team-player that has demonstrated technical and problem solving skills, and a passion for technology and software.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 5+ Experience in software development and in database technologies
- Proficient with Java and Spring.
- NoSQL Database Experience - Cassandra, Couchbase, or MongoDB.
- Familiarity or experience with Kafka.
- Prior experience working in Cloud environments (Google Cloud, etc.) and working with microservices architecture.
- Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum/Kanban environment.
- Master's Degree is preferred but not required.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employee approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit www.Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website