PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to providing consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning, engineering for assigned systems. This includes responsibility for translating business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems.
• Provides consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning and engineering for assigned systems by assessing the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities • Collaborates with IT business partners, solutions, and enterprise architects to help define and understand target strategies • Evaluates new service options, identifies issues and impacts, and makes recommendations on feasibility and ROI • Translates business requirements and functional specifications into technical requirements that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications • Collaborates with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable designs • Writes, reviews, and validates clear technical specifications and documentation • Develops or modifies infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments by identifying technical solutions to business problems • Develops and validates system design prototypes • Builds hardware and software configurations and prepares system components for installation to the infrastructure • Develops, validates, and executes hardware and infrastructure software tests to identify system errors and ensure solutions meet functional specifications • Supports systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage • Leads the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related fieldwith 6+ years of experience in an IT support environment with technical experience in distributed technologies and systems development. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• VMWare Workspace One (AirWatch)
• Management and support skills in a large corporate enterprise consisting of 100,000+ endpoints consisting of iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile devices
• Large scale deployment of mobile devices to corporate and field users
• Scripting ability in at least one of the following languages – Java, ASP .Net, C#, Powershell, TSQL
• General Active Directory/GPO knowledge
• General networking and firewall knowledge • 2+ years of experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field with 2+ years of experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports
• Zebra mobile device experience – TC51, StageNOW
• Android Enterprise Device Owner, Multi-user experience
• Workspace One Intelligence reporting tool proficiency or equivalent advanced SQL reporting skill
• Workspace One Advanced Remote Management tool experience
• 2+ years of work experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior management (i.e., Director level or higher) • 2+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization • 2+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers • 2+ years of IT experience in the retail industry • 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website