PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Product Manager – Core Merchandising Operations will own the backlog and prioritization for a suite of Merchandising Applications. In this role, you will work with a broad cross section of the Lowe's organization to clarify ambiguous issues and negotiate effective solutions between business and development teams. Building strong partnerships and providing effective communications will help ensure the successful and timely launch of capabilities. You will continuously identify and support opportunities to increase operational efficiency and merchandising excellence across the Enterprise.
In this role, you must also understand day-to-day operations and touchpoints of the merchandising planning and execution processes; interacting with business owners/operators to evaluate enhancements and the impact to their work, and the overall company.
Through the development of detailed business cases, you will establish key performance indicators for your products and ensure that you are continuously improving these metrics. You will build out the justifications to defend business cases, along with detailed requirements, to ensure that the team prioritizes the right work, delivering solutions to meet the customer needs.
- Serves as the voice of the customer, understanding the customer's needs and communicate those to the team
- Owns the roadmap for their product(s)
- Clearly defines and writes features and user stories that serve as the detailed requirements for an assigned product and ensures all criteria are met to move those items through development
- Coordinates with stakeholders to develop the minimum viable product
- Certifies the end product is aligned with business priorities and improves the customer experience
- Maintains a prioritized product backlog and roadmap based on defined business value, aligning with Product Vision and Strategy within the team(s) resource capacity
- Understands team velocity and optimizes delivery to ensure the most valuable, most time-sensitive work is always delivered first
- Understands the “why” behind each Epic and Feature and works with the Sr. Manager, Product Management to understand the roadmap, supporting KPIs and can clearly communicate to their development teams
- Runs weekly Business Review and monitors product KPIs and ensure success metrics are being met, prioritizes options for opportunities for testing and product enhancements
- Align efforts across product teams, prioritizing as necessary, and driving/facilitating execution to maintain focus and appropriate momentum
- Works cross functionally and leverages solid working relationships with business and product stakeholders, other Product Managers, user experience and technology teams to facilitate successful feature implementation, inclusive of operational and business processes
- Develops and presents communications, frequently to leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient
- Serves as a subject matter expert on merchandising systems and processes
- Provides input into and helps construct business case documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field
- 3+ years experience in 2 or more of the following: project management, product management, business analysis, program management or product marketing OR 5+ years experience in product and/or experience management
- 2+ years experience strategy and/or digital product delivery experience in executing world-class digital product and/or experience
- 2+ years experience in translating business strategy into specific product features
- 1+ years experience in an agile software environment
- 1+ years experience in demonstrated delivery of business results
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
- Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree
- 1+ years experience in product design and/or product management
- 2+ years of experience with merchandising processes, tools and applications
- Prior leadership with a top 25 omni-channel retailer
- Experience in running a P&L
- Strong financial acumen
- CSPO Certification
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe'sand its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website