PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary purpose of this role is to develop, coordinate, and execute the completion of product test requests (regulatory, quality comparison/improvement, product assembly reviews, packaging integrity). This includes responsibility for test plan and method development, physical test execution, and report writing to include findings and recommendations for quality improvement through corrective actions. This role ensures that products performance meets customer expectations and risk avoidance.
• Develops test plan and methodology, and completes physical test execution of multiple, simultaneous in-house testing projects with minimal direction.
• Utilizes "Voice of the Customer" testing methodology to ensure customer-oriented product performance expectations (fit, form, function, assembly, installation).
• Ensures proper technical direction and test execution of third-party testing requests.
• Provides guidance and insight related to NRTL listing (e.g., UL, CSA, ETL, etc.) evaluations and design considerations.
• Collaborates with cross-functional QA teams, Private Brands, Merchandising and suppliers to drive quality improvement and facilitate competitive benchmark testing and performance evaluations.
• Produces analysis reporting that delivers findings and recommendations for quality improvement through corrective actions.
• Utilizes complex testing equipment for the purposes of evaluating proactive or reactive testing.
• Interacts with external vendors in support of initiatives to communicate/understand performance requirements.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technical Sciences or related field.
• 1-5 years experience in consumer product testing in a manufacturing or retail environment. Electrical or Mechanical (tensile strength, metallurgical analysis, etc.) test experience.
• Experience writing technical reports and ability to communicate effectively.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts.
For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website