Purpose of Role
All Lowe's associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a RTM (Return to Manufacturer) Clerk, this means:
- Meeting the customer needs during a return and helping find the correct product replacement.
- Ensuring merchandise meets Lowe's quality and safety standards and processing returns efficiently.
- Engaging in safe work processes including the proper disposal of returned items.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe's customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe's programs.
- Ensures to meet the customers needs during a return by properly refunding the return and helping find the correct product for replacement.
- Works closely with Production Office team to ensure timely processing of RTMs for labor, product, and vendor/manufacturer reimbursements for installed projects.
- Maintains positive vendor relationships while managing difficult conversations about performance of the vendor's products and services.
- Completes Return to Manufacturer (RTM) program which includes all paperwork, packaging, vendor contact, and credit.
- Processes and returns damaged, discontinued, defective, out-for-repair, special order and vendor buy-back merchandise by contacting appropriate vendors according to policies and procedures.
- Returns refunded merchandise to the sales floor.
- Generates and monitors reports including weekly cleared list, damaged on-hand list, and out-forrepair list.
- Follows up on Store Inventory, RTVs/Buybacks, Weekly Cleared RTM Store Exception, and Out-ForRepair reports.
- Orders parts of products that are missing and necessary for assembly.
- Checks returned products against the Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) to determine if they require placement in the hazmat cage and logs any hazardous materials/products into the hazmat cage.
- Assures proper storage, clean-up, and disposal of all hazardous materials.
- Participates in recycling programs and Hazmat, equipment, and safety training as required.
- Ensures doors and gates are secured or monitored when open.
- Uses box bailer to compress cardboard that is sent to receiving.
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one's regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 1 year of experience processing and filing merchandise receiving paperwork.
- 1 year of experience with store inventory receiving and administration.
- 6 months of experience in warehouse data entry/bookkeeping.
- 6 months of experience communicating with vendors OR customers regarding returns, payments, or contract fulfillment.
- 6 months of retail experience accepting or processing returns.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website