Software Engineer - iOS
Do you thrive on new and exciting mobile technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an evolution and large-scale digital transformation? As an iOS Software Development Engineer in the Lowe's Digital organization, you will be working in an open engineering culture that fosters collaborative decision making with a global team of passionate and talented mobile software engineers. You will have an opportunity to build best in-class customer mobile experiences; engineering complex, secure and high-quality reliable mobile apps; and holding to the highest standards of code quality and testing seriously. You will be responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, development and overall lifecycle for a native iOS product. If you are our ideal candidate, you will have demonstrated technical and problem-solving skills, a passion for technology, and strong ownership skills.
Your role within the iOS Consumer Mobile Applications Team will include working closely with product management, user experience designers and other software development engineers across our locations in the US and India to deliver best in quality consumer mobile applications
- Collaborates with architects and other team members to build flexible, scalable, and maintainable mobile apps
- Validates and execute unit tests, and automated UI tests to identify application errors and ensure software meet functional specs
- Participates in all software development life cycle phases by applying an in-depth understanding of industry methodologies and standards
- Participate in code reviews to instill the highest of code quality, ensure IOS best practices, and own the continuous improvement of yourself and the team
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques, and innovations in Apple products and iOS development
- Share thoughts and ideas on how to improve the IOS Consumer mobile application
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
- 2- 4+ years of experience in software development using Swift and XCode, or relevant experience
- Strong CS/analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in core frameworks on iOS.
- Core Data
- Auto Layout
- Storyboards for UI Design
- Proficient in unit testing with the XCTest framework
- Familiar with the Apple HIG (Human Interface Guidelines)
- Familiarity with the XCode build system and deploying apps to the Apple App Store
- Experience with third party dependency tools such as CocoaPods and Frameworks
- Should be able to collaborate and work with the global teams
- Coding experience with XCUITest a plus
- Experience with Objective-C, Kotlin, Java, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) a plus
- Experienced with the XCode build system and deploying apps to the Apple App Store
- Experience using Firebase SDKs
- Able to provide best practices for development, unit testing and acceptance testing
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,240 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website