The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes responsibility for developing, configuring, or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. The Software Engineer facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications. Identify and document new process opportunities and assess the right process for RPA (Robotics Process Automation).
• Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using RPA Tool.
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of RPA Processes to ensure successful deployment. Provide quick resolution to operations and support (controller) issues and raise appropriate flags at relevant intervals with Team members and Business.
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage before migrating code to production.
• Participates and coaches others in all software development lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Collaborates with IT teams (e.g., Operations, Infrastructure, Architecture, Quality Assurance, Business Analysts) and key business partners to troubleshoot applications
• Creating and maintaining solution documentations – including but not limited to: process design documentation (PDD), technical design documentation (TDD), and support run books.
• Follow Agile and Scrum for Developing Process using RPA Tools including but not limited to: Blue Prism. Working with Project planning teams and communicating any identified project risks and issues to the team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in software development or a related field
• 3+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 4+ years of experience in database technologies
• 3+ years of experience with one or more RPA technologies (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism)
• Master's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 4+ years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 2+ years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• 2+ years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 4+ years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy)
• 4+ years of experience with technical documentation in a software development environment, in the retail industry
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2018 sales of $71.3 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on safe, affordable housing and careers in the skilled trades. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Apply on company website